Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android Wear Watches hit the Google Play Store...Ireland too!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Just a heads up for anyone. I bought the G Watch R on Amazon.es for €253 total with express delivery. (Watch was €235 when bought)
    As it obviously came with an EU plug, I contacted Amazon and received a 15% refund (€38). Watch cost €197 or so excluding shipping then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Patww79 wrote: »

Never listen to a Sales Staff Member in Curries, its 95% bull****. (i used to work there during college a fathom of moons ago)

They dont speak for the company and gloss things with their own opinion. The worst ones are the ones with no interest in technology so will spout all sorts of nonsense. I was surrounded by them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

listermint wrote: »
    Never listen to a Sales Staff Member in Curries, its 95% bull****. (i used to work there during college a fathom of moons ago)

They dont speak for the company and gloss things with their own opinion. The worst ones are the ones with no interest in technology so will spout all sorts of nonsense. I was surrounded by them.

True . I asked for a Bluetooth dongle once and there was ten of them standing in a circle scratching there heads. LMAO at them but yeah they had them in stock.

There is a dedicated section in the store for Android wear.So whatever suits your needs i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Deanicus

Just a heads up for anyone. I bought the G Watch R on Amazon.es for €253 total with express delivery. (Watch was €235 when bought)
    As it obviously came with an EU plug, I contacted Amazon and received a 15% refund (€38). Watch cost €197 or so excluding shipping then :)

What exactly did you say to them? I would have thought they'd say tough luck as you clearly bought it off a european site :)

I have seen it on amazon.fr for 226 delivered (no option for other delivery but it says 5-7 days) so am thinking of hocking my one4all voucher and buying it there

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Has anyone seen the articles on the upcoming Semi-Smart watches? I quite like the idea of this as really I don't want or need a full smartwatch. All I really want to be able to do is use Google Voice from my watch. Does anyone know of any smaller devices that have google now ability?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Moto 360 just dropped a little on amazon, but Im not sure if we're going to see a replacement/better option at CES this week. Has their been any mention of interesting smartwatches that a due to debut?

ED E wrote: »
    Moto 360 just dropped a little on amazon, but Im not sure if we're going to see a replacement/better option at CES this week. Has their been any mention of interesting smartwatches that a due to debut?

I've heard that LG are due to announce the successor to the G Watch R at MWC in February but its doubtful it will be out the first half of this year

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

ED E wrote: »

Wow thanks for posting this, I just got a 360 off Amazon less than 7 days ago and I could get the difference between the old price and new price refunded back to me! 15 Pounds!

Sounnnnnnnnnnnnnnd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Add another 2£ to that refund!

Just an FYI that Currys are now listing the Asus Zenwatch

http://www.currys.ie/Product/asus-zenwatch-silver-and-brown/331112/7.46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,377 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Deanicus wrote: »
    Just an FYI that Currys are now listing the Asus Zenwatch

http://www.currys.ie/Product/asus-zenwatch-silver-and-brown/331112/7.46

There's no way that's the real price it must be a place holder. The watch retails at $199 + taxes in the states.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There's no way that's the real price it must be a place holder. The watch retails at $199 + taxes in the states.

Still no update on that nor an image..

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Still no update on that nor an image..

Well when I say it first it was down as €319. I guess €279 is more reasonable but I would expect it to be much cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Is absolutely scandalous when it can be got for $199 on the us play store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is absolutely scandalous when it can be got for $199 on the us play store.

That's a pre tax price though.

Beats me why they cant add an image..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Beats me why they cant add an image..

It is on sale in the UK and has a picture there. Just the usual not bothered about selling stuff in Ireland I expect.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/ipad-tablets-and-ereaders/smart-watches/asus-zenwatch-silver-brown-10108710-pdt.html#srcid=11026

Moto 360 and GWAR now available on Komplett for 269 and 249

http://www.komplett.ie/catalog/zkb_02tab/15_smrt/default.aspx

I have used them a little for PC parts over the last number of years and they are 100% legit

Been around for a long time and are generally competitive price wise but if I find the same item a little dearer in a bricks and mortar store I tend to get it there so I dont have to wait and returning it is easier if needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

lads is the moto 360 not available on the irish devices store anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Im not actually sure it ever was.

Argos sell them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Argos sell them though.

I remember is was supposed to be at some point, but i could never find it - had to go elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Argos sell them though.

Just saw it on Meteor website. 50 quid less than Argos too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

littlejp wrote: »

Like a dog, I pulled the trigger last week on Littlewoods for €224 and thought I was doing well, I suppose it softens the blow that I got 12 months interest free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Android Wear to get WiFi support in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

littlejp wrote: »

thanks mate. ordered one from their site. there was only 5 left yesterday and they are allgone today. hopefully it will turn up. got a cofirmation email yesterday afternoon but no dispatch mail today. fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Android wear app on my phone just updated. Has the WiFi sync option in it

Thankfully Motorola confirmed the 360 has WiFi for when the firmware update comes

Bit of a balls that the GWR doesn't have the wifi, but it's very minor as I never go anywhere without my phone anyway. If I had the choice over again I'd still go for the full screen over the wifi. I'm looking forward to the other changes to Wear, though it's a pity they haven't come up with a good way of replying to a message still.

It needs some kind of touch input. Handwriting recognition ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Rumour mill is abound at the moment on reddit/r/android which devices do and do not. Not sure I'd rule it out yet.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

thinking of getting either a moto 360 or lg g watch r, what would you guys recommend?

thanks for speedy reply, do you have the lg? one thing im finding hard to establish is the band that comes with lg suitable for a large wrist?
    (i know i can buy a replacement) i had a samsung gear fit and band was on last notch!

do you find the outer bezel rim restricts swiping motions? thanks again for your feedback .. i think i will go with the lg as it does look
    more beefy looking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I tried on both and spent a good time with them. Ended up with the moto360 and very happy with it.
    It's really a preference thing. I am happy with the moto as it looks well with whatever I wear.
    I'm wearing it 5 months and have zero regrets. People mention the flat tire on it but I never notice.

You need to try both before deciding.

MaceFace wrote: »
    I tried on both and spent a good time with them. Ended up with the moto360 and very happy with it.
    It's really a preference thing. I am happy with the moto as it looks well with whatever I wear.
    I'm wearing it 5 months and have zero regrets. People mention the flat tire on it but I never notice.

You need to try both before deciding.

Do you know anywhere that you are able to try them on ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

LG Urbane smart watch now on Google play €349

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adrianocp

Hi Guys...

I'm thinking about buy a smartwatch and I'm deciding between LG Watch R and Urbane. They have exactly the same specs and Android version. The only difference is style.

What do you think about both of them? I'd use it daily (at work for example) and practicing sports (running).

About smartwatch itself (independently of the model), do you think is it time to buy one? Or it's still too raw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Has anyone been having issues with the connection between phone and watch since the wear update?

I've noticed it happening a couple of times a day and I need to turn Bluetooth on and off or restart the watch to get it going again. I've just turned off the cloud sync to see if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement