Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound problems with SG S4

• 30-01-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am having a bit of difficulty with the sound on my phone, hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

I dropped my phone 6 months ago approx and the screen had a small crack but it was still working perfectly so didn't do anything about it. That is not the issue though but it could be related?

Last Saturday I got a call and I could hear the other person perfectly but they couldn't hear me unless I shouted and even still they couldn't make out what I was saying. I thought it might just need to be restarted or turned off & on again so done that but still had no joy.

Sent the phone off to get repaired Wednesday and got a lend of another Galaxy S4. That was working fine until last night and sure enough the same thing happened again, other callers can't hear me at all. I actually haven't a clue what is making it do this. Is there a problem with my sim/number or could there be any other obvious causes that I am not realising?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Had the same thing happen to my S4. I think it was the microphone, I ended up getting a replacement phone though as I was on bill at the time.
    Must be a fault with the microphones in the S4.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Hasmunch wrote: »
    Had the same thing happen to my S4. I think it was the microphone, I ended up getting a replacement phone though as I was on bill at the time.
    Must be a fault with the microphones in the S4.

Ya I am the same, have it insured also so have it sent away but when I used a second s4 and the same thing happened I thought it could have been something worse. Hopefully they give me a replacement so, instead of trying to repair the old one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭jay2k6ie

dcrosskid wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am having a bit of difficulty with the sound on my phone, hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

I dropped my phone 6 months ago approx and the screen had a small crack but it was still working perfectly so didn't do anything about it. That is not the issue though but it could be related?

Last Saturday I got a call and I could hear the other person perfectly but they couldn't hear me unless I shouted and even still they couldn't make out what I was saying. I thought it might just need to be restarted or turned off & on again so done that but still had no joy.

Sent the phone off to get repaired Wednesday and got a lend of another Galaxy S4. That was working fine until last night and sure enough the same thing happened again, other callers can't hear me at all. I actually haven't a clue what is making it do this. Is there a problem with my sim/number or could there be any other obvious causes that I am not realising?

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

I'm pretty sure this is being caused by one of two things. Its either a faulty mic cable or the cause could be the audio IC on the motherboard. The mic cable is quite a straight forward job where as the audio IC is not which may have been why you got it back and it broke again.

Advertisement