Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strokes (instrument related, I promise)

Options
  • 08-01-2005 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭

on their song 12:51 they have an instrument that sounds awful like a moog syntheiser, but on the video it look as one of the guitarists is playing this on his guitar

is he using a pedal, or is he trying to make himself sound great.

i love that sound and i can't afford a syntheiser so a compact pedal would do the job lovely

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Any chance you could record a clip and upload it? Shouldn't be against the rules really...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

AFAIK it's fine to share clips for *educational purposes* ;)

10-15 seconds isn't worth jack tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

here's a clip

here

Sounds like a filter to me, like a Deluxe Electric Mistress with the timing circuit turned off...

• Advertisement

ok so where would you get one of these filters, and how much damage

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_electro_harmonix_electric_mistress_prodinfo.html

€140

Now, I may be seriously wrong about that. I've JD induced cotton wool in my ears at the moment...

feylya wrote:
    I've JD induced cotton wool in my ears at the moment...
    well in all fairness if you could give a good educated guess it's good enough for me, although i won't be buying it for a while as i'm flat broke once i pay for my new monitor

Yeah, I know the feeling. Wait til the others arrive and wait and see.

I first thought it was a phaser or flanger through a wah pedal but the tone didn't change to the DEL popped into mind. Mate has one and you can get that sort of tone.

i really love that tone as i'm into like all that final fantasy midi file type tone, some artists use this tone very well.

• Advertisement

I'm loving the full metal tone that makes you feel sick when you hear it. Very had to describe...

Advertisement