Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sibelius 3 + kontakt player silver

Options
  • 06-01-2005 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

ok,

long story short, I bought kontakt player Gold for sibelius 3.0, but i no longer have kontakt player silver [i broke the cd.. thats right, i'm an idiot]. basically this means that while i now have samples for 3 kinds of organ, i have none for the piano or nylon stringed guitar, etc. so, if anyone out there has a copy of Kontakt Player Silver for sibelius, i'll gladly trade him or her a copy of Kontakt Player Gold.

[note to mod: no warez involved here; i own a legitimate copy of every program mentioned, i just broke one of them.]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

Don't know what registration system NI use, but if you bought the physical product and can prove it, surely they should be able to replace your cd for a nominal fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

alreadly asked. NI dont sell it directly, Sibelius are the only people who can issue me a replacement and they wont. not policy, apparently. if i had the mac version i could donwload it directly off their site.

thanks anyway, musician.ie

That really sucks. It would make one debate the ethics of locating a warez copy in this situation. I have heard of people who buy autotune, and then download and install the warez version so they don't have to risk the PACE anti-theft system screwing up their machine.

Every software company should supply a replacement disk to a customer who can demonstrate ownership of the software, for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

heh, tell me about it. what im thinking of doing is going to the place where i bought sibelius and explaining my situation to the guys there and maybe, if i leave a huge deposit, they'll give me a loan of the Silver version to take home and install.

[edit]
    hey, musician.ie, you dont have sibelisu 3, do you?

[/edit]

Nope - sorry. All I use these days is sonar, FL studio and band in a box (plus various freeware plugins).

Good luck with your kontakt quest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement