Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk RFC in All Ireland junior cup final.

Options
  • 30-01-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

Good luck to Dundalk RFC in tomorrows All Ireland junior cup final against Bangor RFC.
    Tomorrow is a big day on the Junior rugby front with the final of the Ulster Bank All-Ireland Junior Cup being played between Dundalk and Bangor in Portadown.

The Louth side are top of Division 1A of the Leinster League and have made it to the decider with victories at home over Cobh Pirates, on the road against Newcastle West and dramatically with a penalty goal in injury-time of a replay at home to CIYMS.

Their Down opponents went to Clonmel for their opening win before a pair of impressive home successes against holders Enniscorthy and then last year's runners up Clogher Valley at the penultimate stage.

Leinster clubs have dominated this extremely popular competition in recent years and Dundalk will be hoping to make it four wins in a row for eastern province clubs tomorrow.

There is a very good preview of the match on http://www.knockon.ie/2015/01/30/bangor-v-dundalk-preview/

Good luck lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I was at the semi-final replay in Mill Road (Dundalk RFC) and it was a very nail-biting affair.
    Unfortunately I can't make it to the final today.

Best of luck to the lads.

I know they're bringing 4 busloads of supporters, as well as several people I know who are taking the train and no doubt there'll by a few carfuls as well.

Please consider joining them if you're at a loose end today - Portadown's less than an hour up the road.

Dundalk's lead in the Leinster League Div 1 is also very promising - Could this finally be the year when DRFC gets its much deserved promotion to being a Senior club?

There is a very good preview of the match on http://www.knockon.ie/2015/01/30/bangor-v-dundalk-preview/

Barring a few grammatical and spelling errors, that is indeed a good preview. Thanks for posting.

Well, the preview predicted Dundalk to win by less than 3.

They were half right.

Dundalk won 55-5, and are the new All-Ireland Junior Cup Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Well done Dundalk from a Boyne player. Great for the county

• Advertisement
Advertisement