Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues Band Anybody Interested

Options
  • 29-01-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Would anybody be interested in throwing a blues Band together preferably Electric Chicago Style with influences from Muddy to Clapton to Rory Gallagher to Anything electric blues. I Play guitar and Harmonica from south Leinster but work in Dublin so wouldnt rule that out either. I have no problem having a big band as long as you at least have a bit of respect for the Blues and know the 1 - 4 - 5 pattern (as you should for Blues). Playing the blues is always the best genre for having a bit of craic , not looking for genius musicians like some other threads but at least know what your doing and up for a laugh. No problem having 2+ guitars cos it adds to the sound.
    let me know if your interested.... Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mac456

Hi , I'd be interested in this, I play guitar and like to play blues.
    I have a feeling that location may be a problem, I live in kildare, but could make rehearsals in Dublin
    let me know.
    Cheers mac

• Registered Users Posts: 6 slowhand81

Well mac , thanks for the reply ill keep in touch if more come on board. I live in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MixedUpMick

Drummer here, based in Kilkenny. Love the blues, and have a real appreciation for the Chicago style. Muddy, Little Walter, Howlin' Wolf, anything along those lines is right up my street.

If you end up doing something in Dublin then I'll give it a miss, but you want to organise something closer to home, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 slowhand81

Great stuff mick that line up you just mentioned is exactly the stuff I love playing . I had the intended jamming close to home , Dublin was only on the off chance that nobody was interested south. I wouldn't be too keen on travelling to dublin. Ill be in touch soon ye can see that there is a second guitarist on board too .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 monkey harris

Hi I play guitar and I'm into Soul Blues and Jazz, would love to get involved. Do some lead playing (not loads now,) love the Chicago stuff and older. I'm in Carlow town too, so give me shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 juanmabass

Bass player interested here. Based in Dublin with own gear (Fender Bass + Ashdown), also got a friend of mine who plays rhythm guitar that might be interested too.

Advertisement