Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Club Transfer (Minor) ?? Possible ?

• 06-10-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Well lads,
    I was wondering what would be the requirements to switch GAA club at Minor level, Next year will be my first year of minor and the club I play with at the moment are utter ****e, we were trainin about every 2 weeks and all the trainin was was a 45 minute game with the u14s, and also the manager doesn't like me or my family and deliberatly doesn't start me because I had to leave the last few training sessions 10 minutes early because I had Athletics trainin on directly after hurling.
    So you can probably see why I want to change club, the club I want to move to is a neigbouring parish, where my mother is from , and where my grandparents and sister live currently aswell as a few relations, I lived in that parish until I was nearly 3 if that helps my situation in any way.
    I seriously want to get a way from the current club I am with and I am considering moving in with my sister or my grandparents (Grandparents could do with me in there anyways to help them maintain house etc)
    If I moved in with my grandparents or sister would it be enough to play with that club next year ?
    Sorry if I went into a lot of detail, really wanted to explain my situation, thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I dont know but I would think you just register with that club next year and play away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

I dont know but I would think you just register with that club next year and play away
    Certainly not. You always have to get a transfer in the GAA.
    Different counties have different internal transfer by laws or guidelines so it's not easy answer the OP's question. A change of address would generally be sufficient once it's shown to be bona fide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Should find everything you need to know here,

http://www.gaa.ie/clubzone/transfers-and-sanctions/

I do think you need to have an address in the parish of the club your moving to

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

Should find everything you need to know here,

http://www.gaa.ie/clubzone/transfers-and-sanctions/

I do think you need to have an address in the parish of the club your moving to

If your address on your Birth Cert was in the neighbouring parish then your transfer should go through without difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SilageIsLove

Don't think there is an adress on my birth cert but I was apparently baptised in the club I want to join if that helps in any way haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Id say go for it and if you feel you are not been given a chance Id be inclined to tell the manager why you are leaving. Once you can show you now reside in that parish unless he is a right b****x he wont object.

Just be very careful to go through the right channels. Phone the county secretary and tell him your moving in with your grandparents and this should help you along the way. Good luck

Advertisement