Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

You would think there was 10 points in it the way some of you are talking.. 1 point in it with 10 games to go means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

d22ontour wrote: »
    You would think there was 10 points in it the way some of you are talking.. 1 point in it with 10 games to go means nothing.
    oh theres plenty of time for loads to happen, but its the city fans in us from back in Maine Road days that has us worried.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

folan wrote: »
    oh theres plenty of time for loads to happen, but its the city fans in us from back in Maine Road days that has us worried.

Ah now lads, we are sitting comfortable in second, and not likely to finish lower than that, pint to anyone who can tell me the last time we were in that position!

Typical City days are gone, no longer is a successful season one where we aren't relegated. Still in this one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

d22ontour wrote: »

if this form continues it wont be too long before it is ten points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

karma_ wrote: »
    Ah now lads, we are sitting comfortable in second, and not likely to finish lower than that, pint to anyone who can tell me the last time we were in that position!

Typical City days are gone, no longer is a successful season one where we aren't relegated. Still in this one too.

This squad should be ten points clear at this stage. We had crap players for the past 20 years in comparison to what we have now so of course we didn't finish second.

Put it this way, I don't think that second plus no trophies will be good enough for the sheikhs as it's a poor return on investment. Rightly so as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Xavi6 wrote: »
    This squad should be ten points clear at this stage. We had crap players for the past 20 years in comparison to what we have now so of course we didn't finish second.

Put it this way, I don't think that second plus no trophies will be good enough for the sheikhs as it's a poor return on investment. Rightly so as well.

Half agree, its not end of world though and we are showing progression. Any thoughts of sacking mancini for anyone other than Jose would be crazy.

We were unlucky with the fa cup league cup and charity shield so its unfortunate to potentially end season empty handed but we still have uefa cup and hopefully the rags will mess up and leave us going into the derby with it in our own hands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Piss poor? Yes.

Wrong team selection? Yes.

Season ending? No.

oddballkellysheroes2T1.jpg

Do you see United dropping more points than us between now and the end of the season and if so who will they drop them to?

I know you guys might not value a United fan's thoughts in here that much but I wanted to reply to this; United could drop points anywhere between now and the end. United have not been playing brilliantly this year. Complatency has beem rife and we've only barely won alot of "easy" gamea. The Norwich match recently is an example of that.

Neither United nor City are garunteed perfection in the final weeks. Both will drop points here and there. I disagreed when people said City had already won at Xmas and I will disagree now when people say United have won it now. Until, mathematically, the winner is crowned, neither team have won anything...

POKERKING wrote: »
    Half agree, its not end of world though and we are showing progression. Any thoughts of sacking mancini for anyone other than Jose would be crazy.

We were unlucky with the fa cup league cup and charity shield so its unfortunate to potentially end season empty handed but we still have uefa cup and hopefully the rags will mess up and leave us going into the derby with it in our own hands.

We were not unlucky with the League Cup, we didn't turn up when it mattered in a competition that was there to win. Massive fuck up by everyone involved.

I don't see 'unfortunate' cutting it as an excuse with the top brass, especially when at this stage we shouldn't need to be relying on another club to screw up. If Mancini fails to win a trophy I think he'll be out, rightly or wrongly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

POKERKING wrote: »

I don't want Mourinho anywhere near our club, we should keep faith in Mancini, even if we don't win the title this year. Stability will bring success, personally I've been patient for over 20 years as a fan of this club, so what's another year.

If Mancini fails to win a trophy I think he'll be out, rightly or wrongly.

I don't think so, i think they will give him one more season, at least, to deliver the PL. While he has made errors i would not like to see him sacked.
    Have they said that he must win the league this season and his job is dependent on that?
    Yes he has made mistakes, and he has acknowledged them, everybody makes mistakes, they will make him better.
    The team are making progress year on year. With one or two additions in the summer (centre back + tevez replacement) they will be better placed to win it.

• Advertisement

I know you guys might not value a United fan's thoughts in here that much but I wanted to reply to this; United could drop points anywhere between now and the end. United have not been playing brilliantly this year. Complatency has beem rife and we've only barely won alot of "easy" gamea. The Norwich match recently is an example of that.

Neither United nor City are garunteed perfection in the final weeks. Both will drop points here and there. I disagreed when people said City had already won at Xmas and I will disagree now when people say United have won it now. Until, mathematically, the winner is crowned, neither team have won anything...

we listen to everyone's thoughts as long as they are logical...yes nothing is over yet, but utd are in the driving seat with a larger squad and i cant see utd dropping more points than city. city have stoke aresnal and newcastle away, on current form 3 wins in those games highly unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I don't want Mourinho anywhere near our club, we should keep faith in Mancini, even if we don't win the title this year. Stability will bring success, personally I've been patient for over 20 years as a fan of this club, so what's another year.

I would love Jose no doubt. We will win the league with him guaranteed imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

No way,Jose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Gotta agree that although its only one point a gap, its not looking good. If City win away to Norwich, Arsenal, Stoke and Newcastle they are in with a great shout but I see them dropping points in at least 50% of these games and the gap widening.

Granted United will drop points too, just not enough I am afraid.

Bit of a gutless way to end it all if this does come to pass, top for 5 months and now this. Gonna have to put up with all sorts of abuse about choking and that over the summer and possibly beyond.

I have to say watching United against decent teams in Europe like Bilbao tonight I can't believe we have let them back into it. We really should be leading healthily and for the first time all season I am going to have to lay some blame at Mancini in that respect. I have defended him to the hilt all year and think he has handled certain situations brilliantly but the buck has to stop with him. Away form is shocking, it needs to be sorted immediately or that is it. A run of 3-4 wins on the trot will put the pressure back on United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

what channell is the game on apart from ESPN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

MD1990 wrote: »
    what channell is the game on apart from ESPN

Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

niallo24 wrote: »
    Setanta.
    don't have it
    is it on Channel 5 or ITV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Great freekick, madness by Balotelli!

Pathetic first half hour, you'd swear we had the tie wrapped up. Ridiculous foul from Mario as well for the goal.

Deserve that for being so bloody pedestrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

This is kind of performance they put in when they got knocked out last season.

• Advertisement

Thats just awful defending.

"Some people are on the pitch..."

:D

Hear you man in the crowd.

"get yer ****ing finger out!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

disappointing night, but now its one competition. which puts more pressure on, but takes out some of the strain.

the performances have to return to that of the early season. there cant be any excuse for it now. Mancini has to get his tactics right in every game, every player will have to play to their potential.

Weve all seen eough to see the potential of this City team, and god damn it, they should be playing to it. theres precious little time left this season and Utd are in one less competition too, so we will have to see who can capatilise.

the last while of last night was what we need for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Things very quiet in here, pressure now on ye big time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mancini over at the Lillle - Valenciennes match at the moment. Presumably looking at Hazard, who's just put Lille one up!

Things very quiet in here, pressure now on ye big time :rolleyes:

Valuable contribution as always Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

i'd put money on Hazard being a City player by the start of next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

They have enough midfielders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

RasTa wrote: »
    They have enough midfielders.

He would improve their squad majorly. The midfielders they have weren't good enough to get them to the knock-out stages of the Champions League

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement