Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CamperVan Insurance

Options
  • 12-03-2014 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Just wondering would anyone know the best price around for Campervan Insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Stuart Insurances Ltd €315 for the year - a slight reduction on last years premium

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

I went with Stuarts who use Aviva, I'm not sure who underwrites the Dolmen policy but Stuarts are the cheapest.

Anyway, we took ours out for Paddy's weekend and got a flat with no spare.

We were parked up on a site in Wicklow so not in any hurry but the Aviva Recovery Service were out to us within the hour, patched up and ready to drive. First class service.

revileandy wrote: »
    I'm not sure who underwrites the Dolmen policy.

AXA

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Totty33

Mags321 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering would anyone know the best price around for Campervan Insurance?

Mags - be careful, Stuarts don't give breakdown cover at your home and restrict who you can add to your policy. I looked at leaving dolmin
    but when i cross checked i would have lost out. The guys are really good to deal with and have made it easier for me to get it sorted. They also have a credit card payment option on their website camper.ie so there is no need to phone them during the day when you are at work.

Its Dolmin all the way for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Totty33 wrote: »
    Mags - be careful, Stuarts don't give breakdown cover at your home and restrict who you can add to your policy. I looked at leaving dolmin
    but when i cross checked i would have lost out. The guys are really good to deal with and have made it easier for me to get it sorted. They also have a credit card payment option on their website camper.ie so there is no need to phone them during the day when you are at work.

Its Dolmin all the way for me :)

That is correct about breakdown cover by Stuarts - they make that clear that such cover is included beyond 20km from home only - for €20 extra per annum they will arrange breakdown cover from home. Making it €335 for the year. I carry no torch for Stuarts or any others, nor have I done a full comparison but both Aviva (Stuarts) and AXA (Dolmen) are big players.

Totty33 wrote: »
    They also have a credit card payment option on their website camper.ie

Which they charge handsomely for! 3% or €10ish for the privilege of using your credit card.

Advertisement