Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power flushing unit recommendations

Options
  • 13-08-2012 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

quick question,

iv got a magna-clean flusher and want to link it to a power flushing unit. i know a lot of them have magnet filters now too.

what are you's using currently and what do you recommend ?

the anton flowclean is catching my eye, but its pricey. i know pulsar have an offer at the moment on a full kit for about €650 but their stuff can be hit or miss.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Pulsar one is ok, if you wanna spend Kamco is the dogs IMHO.

With the magnaclean flush unit combined, it will be sweet.

Don't forget to buy a TDS meter, and water testing kit

When I get caught out and have to do real work I use a Kemco with a magnaclean and I become sludges worst nightmare:cool: works very well and the kit is very robust.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj58

ya kamco it good, but my advice use system pre clean two weeks before the actuall powerflush
    cleans the system even more and its way faster on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

kamco looks to be the job alright, do they have an agent in the emerald isle ?

Not that I know, give them a ring they are very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

the company i work for now has an excel one about 600 to buy and you would be better of pissing threw the pipe where as the last crowd i was with had a fernox one 1200 from heat merchants which is pricey but a great job ideally a secondhand unit would do but i have yet to see one for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Definitely the Fernox Powerflow. Excellent machine. It can generate very good flow rates.

i sent an email to kamco last night and they replied first thing today. they sent loads of tech literature and pricelists. they can have whatever unit or accesseries you want at your door in 3 days too.
    on top of that they invited me to their factory for training on the unit in their school.
    service like that goes a long way to selling things, im still waiting for a reply from 3 of my suppliers with qoutes and product info on the units they sell.
    thanks for the reply's lads, i havent put my hand in my pocket yet but as it stands kamco is winning.

what sort of money are they talking for their unit
    s ???and were is there training school gas man

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Very good training school, very good course (I have all there material and overheads)

The website has some excellent downloads, from template disclaimers to lists of know boilers with aluminum heat-exchangers

Afterall, AFAIK they were the first to build power-flushers as we know them (and still the best!)

• Advertisement

their based in st. albyns in the uk, its close to luton airport.
    they have units that accomodate small domestic systems to industrial systems. the 2 units they recommend for domestic use come in at £800 + £1000 inc uk vat. their rounded figures.
    as dgobs said the website is worth spending a half an hour looking at if nothing else

http://www.kamco.co.uk/

they look great

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

Hi guys , I started using KAMCO's about 20 years ago. They were about the first ones around. The original ones didn't have a reversing lever or dump valve (at least the one's we had) but even then they were superb. We used them in particularly hard water area's , sludge and scale were massive problems. To be able to de-scale a boiler in situ saved a lot of hardship. Got to say the money is well worth it.

Since then my previous company had an agreement with Sentinel , so therefore we used the Jetflush machines again great machine , really sturdy and well put together. Not sure what the cost difference is between them , but would recommend either of them.

Chemicals wise , we used Fernox early days , then Sentinel moved in with their X200 (de-scale) X400 (de-sludge) which we always added at least 2 weeks prior to flush. After flushing test kits were used and system sample was sent to Sentinel to warranty the heat exchanger.

Further on from that we started installing air/dirt seperators , which even in early tests were great , if not a little unsightly.

kamco cf90 - coming on friday....

Advertisement