Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scotland v the all blacks

• 04-09-2007 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi, me and a couple of buddies are going to murrayfield for the game on 23rd sept. none of us have been there before and i was wondering where abouts in edinburgh is the best place to hang out before and after the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

nottslad73 wrote:
    hi, me and a couple of buddies are going to murrayfield for the game on 23rd sept. none of us have been there before and i was wondering where abouts in edinburgh is the best place to hang out before and after the game.

Edinburgh rocks!!

Mind you, it's a long time since I've been there. Murrayfield is walkable from the centre of town. Not quite as close as lansdowne road but a pleasant stroll all the same.

There's a street in the centre of town called Rose St (I think) which is full of pubs and where massive crowds of rugby supporters tend to congregate after games. If that's too much like overkill then just wander through the city centre until you find something a little more civilised.

Mind you, like Dublin, Edinburgh is small enough that no matter where you go on rugby weekend, you are bound to see somebody wearing a jersey or a kilt, or one of those silly tartan hats with red hair sticking out the ends or all three.

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Lived in Edinburgh for two years:

Leave for the match early and theres plenty of pubs on the way from city centre to murrayfield. Depending on where you're staying Rabbie Burns on the Royal Mile does a great scaldy breakfast.

As for after: depending on your tastes and degree of messyness... The grassmarket has loads of tourist friendly pubs. Finnegan's Wake on Victoria Street is a great place for a messy one and is right beside the wrong but right Espionage.

Any other questions lash me a PM

Colum

Advertisement