Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical & How long have you been waiting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Well done dub dan . How long ago did you do your medical .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DubDan

thesamster wrote: »
    Well done dub dan . How long ago did you do your medical .

I did my medical last Thursday so only a couple of days ago. I was shocked when I got the email today I started my application 4 and a half years ago so I have seen everything take so long to happen.

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

DubDan wrote: »
    I did my medical last Thursday so only a couple of days ago. I was shocked when I got the email today I started my application 4 and a half years ago so I have seen everything take so long to happen.

Well done , that is the longest waiting period I have heard of . You will enjoy the training .

Ya you have been waiting a good while good luck to you with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

Any1 been get calls for medicals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

RUNNER 1 wrote: »
    Any1 been get calls for medicals?

I'm thinking of ringing the vetting office has anyone else done this or is it a good idea to ring them ?

I did my man , there full of BS , but you give it ago if you want.

So they don't mind you calling ? I emailed the gr office still waiting on a reply. How are you getting on runner ?

I am not getting anywere fast coolock , lol but hopefully il catch a break soon

Are you past your medical yet ? I got an email of the gr saying that my br is still in vetting and they contact me when it's out. Would the vetting give me an idea as to how long it will be ?

• Advertisement

I rang the vetting and they said I have to ring the gr office as they liaise wit the vetting and me

Are they taking a group in soon . Anyone know or is it knocked on the head for a while .

No post in 5 months . So who else is hoping a medical may come up this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Steveo.

No post in 5 months . So who else is hoping a medical may come up this year ?

Hey Runner.
    How long are you waiting for your medical?

Hey , :) Iv been waiting 18 months on a medical and iv been in the process 2 years . What about yourself?

Hey , :) Iv been waiting 18 months on a medical and iv been in the process 2 years . What about yourself?

I'm a Garda Reserve for the past two years now. My total time waiting was four years nearly. But every person waiting time is different.

4 years that's one the longest iv herd , why so long ? or did they give u a reason. how you like been a Reserve garda ?

4 years that's one the longest iv herd , why so long ? or did they give u a reason. how you like been a Reserve garda ?

Yeah it was a long time. But well worth it at the end. How do I like been a Garda Reserve, I love it. It is fantastic altogether.
    Some may say they hate it etc. but I enjoy every minute when I'm on duty bud.

hope to get going this year , but herd nothing yet .

hope to get going this year , but herd nothing yet .

You can email HQ and just ask them you are wondering where are you on getting admitted. I never done a thing. One of the reasons I was so long.

• Advertisement

I actually did like 4 months ago and they said they didn't know .But I'd love to be one the ones in next batch of medicals , but again no dates have been set ,they seem to be taking a long time this year organising it.

I actually did like 4 months ago and they said they didn't know .But I'd love to be one the ones in next batch of medicals , but again no dates have been set ,they seem to be taking a long time this year organising it.

A lot of that would be down to the full time recruitment. The recruits will be out next month. So I would imagine they will bring the reserves in then. Still no harm to email them. Keep on top of them.

How many of the 300 will be out ?they be going on the job training ? O for sure , no harm in finding out il leave it another week are so before i send one again.

How many of the 300 will be out ?they be going on the job training ? O for sure , no harm in finding out il leave it another week are so before i send one again.

I don't no how many actually. But I'd say a good amount of them if not all.

Crazy.. that went so quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tg123

100 are due in their stations in april

tg123 wrote:
    100 are due in their stations in april

Happy days. bita free room in the college as well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

300 ? Was there not just 2 intakes of 100 ..

I thought there was 300, my mistake .

• Advertisement

Any1 here anything about medicals for Reserves this year?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Dub94

Any1 here anything about medicals for Reserves this year?

I was speaking to appointments today and they are getting word that classes will be announced within the next few weeks and that any back log of BR forms will be cleared.

Happy days . you made my day buddy. I was hoping it would be in the next few weeks .now hope to god I get cleared

Happy days . you made my day buddy. I was hoping it would be in the next few weeks .now hope to god I get cleared

Yeah music to my ears to mate she said I should hear back about my BR forms very soon. And then hopefully get a medical soon after

Dub94 wrote:
    Yeah music to my ears to mate she said I should hear back about my BR forms very soon. And then hopefully get a medical soon after

How long u been waiting pal? From 1st date of application I'm just over 2 years.

How long u been waiting pal? From 1st date of application I'm just over 2 years.

Yeah I know you are mate ive told you before I think. I sent off last March for BR but I first sent my application form in to the reserves in Febuary 2013

• Advertisement

Dub94 wrote:
    Yeah I know you are mate ive told you before I think. I sent off last March for BR but I first sent my application form in to the reserves in Febuary 2013

Apologise mate , I didn't recognise the user name . but we have been waiting awile hopefully this is our year.

Apologise mate , I didn't recognise the user name . but we have been waiting awile hopefully this is our year.

You weren't suppose to ha :)
    Yeah with any luck mate, I'm happy so far with the new commissioner

Ya I am as well if she keeps this up I'll be very happy.U thinking of going Full time after you become a GR.?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Just reading this there hopefully this means a few interviews as well? I might give them a bell on this during the week. Wouldn't it be great to finally get moving lads??

Yes runner I made a mess of the tests for full time last time. I'll be better prepared next time. I think the reserves are getting the attention this year

• Advertisement

JonathanP wrote:
    Just reading this there hopefully this means a few interviews as well? I might give them a bell on this during the week. Wouldn't it be great to finally get moving lads??

You still waiting on interview jonathanP ? Ya be awesome man we have been waiting years ,literally.

Dub94 wrote:
    Yes runner I made a mess of the tests for full time last time. I'll be better prepared next time. I think the reserves are getting the attention this year

For sure me to. Ya I think they are coz the end of 2013 and all of 2014 was just about full time and they have them in training now ,so no reason not to turn the attention back to the GR

You still waiting on interview jonathanP ? Ya be awesome man we have been waiting years ,literally.

Tell me about it im still nervous over the BR though im praying It clears and I get a medical.

Dub94 wrote:
    Tell me about it im still nervous over the BR though im praying It clears and I get a medical.

Well your last phone call was fairly positive ,so let hope there on the ball, they would wana get cracking ina way soon be in the 4th month of this year.

Well your last phone call was fairly positive ,so let hope there on the ball, they would wana get cracking ina way soon be in the 4th month of this year.

Yeah it was but knowing my luck something will go wrong. Your lucky you be on top of their List Id imagine.

Dub94 wrote:
    Yeah it was but knowing my luck something will go wrong. Your lucky you be on top of their List Id imagine.

I wouldn't say so man , I know a guy that was in the class just gone and he had his interview 2 months after my own, its any1 guess when will get the call, but since were waiting so long you would think we are near the top adleast haha . fingers crossed for both of us bud.

I wouldn't say so man , I know a guy that was in the class just gone and he had his interview 2 months after my own, its any1 guess when will get the call, but since were waiting so long you would think we are near the top adleast haha . fingers crossed for both of us bud.
    Yeah I can't wait to start training and graduate with any luck. Then have something to look forward to doing every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Yea still waiting nearly 2 years now. So it would be on the ball now to get stuck in to it

JonathanP wrote:
    Yea still waiting nearly 2 years now. So it would be on the ball now to get stuck in to it

I'm just over the 2 year myself , its more then about time we got our shot.

I'm just over the 2 year myself , its more then about time we got our shot.

I was in town today and I looked around and it was great to see so many reserves. I hope we all are working next paddys day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement