Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking technology (bridge camera etc) while backpacking?

Options
  • 06-08-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I are going travelling central and South America next year and I'm trying to decide what to bring. I've decided that I'll definitely get a GoPro to record a lot of the activities we'll be doing such as diving, hiking and cycling.

However I am wondering if it would be worthwhile bringing my bridge camera along too or would it be just too much hassle? I do have have an LG smartphone which takes good quality pictures but just not in line with my camera. Has anybody any experience of taking a camera with them and if you have, was it a lot of hassle?

Another question regarding the GoPro and photos, would I be able to just hook them up to the internet and put them in a cloud while I'm out there or is this feasible with internet connections in South America? I'm going to take my Nexus 7 too to hopefully help with uploading pics and videos.

I know I might sound stupid taking all this technology with me but it's a once in a lifetime trip so I want to make sure I can look back on everything when I get home.

Thanks for any replies ☺

Advertisement