Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime - RTE Radio 1

Options
  • 22-04-2014 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Anyone listening to Drivetime today?
    I could not get over the number of breaks. They were very short but it must have been a record number.

//MOD

Moved to a new thread rather then one from 2007

//MOD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

honeybear wrote: »
    Anyone listening to Drivetime today?
    I could not get over the number of breaks. They were very short but it must have been a record number.

//MOD

Moved to a new thread rather then one from 2007

//MOD

Was Brian Dowling presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was Brian Dowling presenting.

Yes. Like him when he does political commentary on RTE TV but don't think he suits Drivetime.

honeybear wrote: »
    Yes. Like him when he does political commentary on RTE TV but don't think he suits Drivetime.

No the accent is way too strong, and the grammar is ,well,dodgy, to say the least.

Good reporter though,if you can put the other stuff out of the way.

Like the lad,myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Good reporter though,if you can put the other stuff out of the way.

Like the lad,myself.
    I do too - but a good reporter does not necessarily make a good presenter. The normal presenter of Drivetime, Marie Wilson, should have shown RTE that.

I heard the finish of the programme yesterday and it was a bit chaotic, but I put that down to him trying to get used to the job.

serfboard wrote: »
    I do too - but a good reporter does not necessarily make a good presenter. The normal presenter of Drivetime, Marie Wilson, should have shown RTE that.

I heard the finish of the programme yesterday and it was a bit chaotic, but I put that down to him trying to get used to the job.

Good point there, Brian is top class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Debate on MEP elections. Candidates not covering themselves in glory

Advertisement