Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when did ronan collins drop his sig tune

• 16-04-2014 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

I listened to him this week for the first time in a while and noticed the sig tune is gone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Think it was around last Sept. I missed the exact day but i'm sure there would have been some listeners texting in to complain! If I'm correct he used to play some of it at the end of his show also in the early days of this incarnation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

There was poster on here called JonathanAnon, who used to post pictures of a hammer going through a radio any time the sig tune came on. It was his daily ritual to try to reach the button to change to Newstalk before that stupid music came on... I guess he wasnt the only one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,204 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Seeing how JonathanAnon is no longer with us... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trawler16

Ah loved that theme tune. Didn't realise it was gone. It's almost like the GB Show theme tune for its legendary-ness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Ronan Collins does not favour critical listeners judging by his crass comments re an anonymous texter who pointed out that Martha by Freddie White is regularly played on the show to the exclusion of other selections from him. Ronan said that he should not really respond to anonymous contributors and then got very defensive re his history of Freddie plays. At least the person being criticised was listening.
    Not a way to hold listeners I would have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Ronan Collins does not favour critical listeners judging by his crass comments re an anonymous texter who pointed out that Martha by Freddie White is regularly played on the show to the exclusion of other selections from him. Ronan said that he should not really respond to anonymous contributors and then got very defensive re his history of Freddie plays. At least the person being criticised was listening.
    Not a way to hold listeners I would have thought.

Bit precious there,as he always is.

Who gives a toss anyway?

Advertisement