Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris and Ciara @ 9am

Options
  • 14-04-2014 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Was anybody here listening this morning ? I think thay are good but all this rapping is getting as annoying as Hectors kip her lit. From looking at facebook Tubridys oap listeners are not happy but why the hell are over 45s listening to 2fm in the first place ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

i switched over, awfull stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jason_ wrote: »
    From looking at facebook Tubridys oap listeners are not happy but why the hell are over 45s listening to 2fm in the first place ?
    Colm Hayes isn't exactly down with the kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

When 2fm put two young 20 something's on the air, people complain, if they put some well known older broadcaster on, people would complain. They really can't win at 2fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭More Music

And that's the problem.

"Give new talent a chance". "2fm shouldn't be used to establish new talent"

"Clear out 2fm". "Keep Will Leahy".

"Hectors show is muck". "Bring back Hector".

"Larry's too old". "Larry the legend, put him back on weekdays".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

When 2fm put two young 20 something's on the air, people complain, if they put some well known older broadcaster on, people would complain. They really can't win at 2fm.

They don't have to please everybody, the problem is that they have been pleasing less and less people each year since anyone could care to remember and it's not as if they have just been innocent bystanders over that period of continuous decline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

More Music wrote: »
    And that's the problem.

"Give new talent a chance". "2fm shouldn't be used to establish new talent"

"Clear out 2fm". "Keep Will Leahy".

"Hectors show is muck". "Bring back Hector".

"Larry's too old". "Larry the legend, put him back on weekdays".
    "2fm should be an Irish BBC Radio 1". "Keep Irelands biggest jukebox with John Clarke on 2fm"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Was anybody here listening this morning ? I think thay are good but all this rapping is getting as annoying as Hectors kip her lit. From looking at facebook Tubridys oap listeners are not happy but why the hell are over 45s listening to 2fm in the first place ?

Isn't that what's laughingly called the "strategy"? Or certainly what Gerry Ryan used to and Dave Fanning continue to preach: endlessly recycle the same pap to their own aging demographic, leave anyone younger to the commercials.

Can't entirely blame the execs if they've decided to modify a plan that would seem designed to make their listenership literally extinct in a few decades. Can blame them if they make a pig's ear of it, of course.

Would make more sense to me to have a broader range of programming, and less obsession with paying the "top talent" the "top money". But then again, I'm just a listener, not a golf partner and barbecue invitee of said "top talent".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Even for a pair of "zany" presenters they aren't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Elmo wrote: »
    Even for a pair of "zany" presenters they aren't that good.

I've heard them all of once, in their own slot, and the "zaniness" seemed remarkably laboured, yeah. Their main joke seemed to be, "we're terrible at this, isn't that hilarious".

I mainly hope they're cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement