Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

products like Mantis, Showroom Shine etc...

• 28-03-2013 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

As above, I have been looking online and cant seem to find any locally. Postage seems to be crazy for items like this from the UK. What no H2o products would you guys advise that i could pick up/order online in Ireland?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

None.... wash the car properly or don't wash it at all. Rubbing dirt into your paint isn't going to help anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Agree with Challengemaster!

Irish road conditions dont lend themselves to waterless washing techniques, even during the summer when we might get a few weeks of dry weather. Our roads are too dirty. Waterless washing only really suits places like the dry states in the USA, and even at that you'd want to be given the car a wipe down quite frequently. Using that technique here would result in doing a lot of damage to your paint work, introducing swirls with will take the glossy look of your paint work.

It is possible to get the products if you really wanted to - shoot me a PM if you'd like me to help you out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Curran wrote: »
    Agree with Challengemaster!

Irish road conditions dont lend themselves to waterless washing techniques, even during the summer when we might get a few weeks of dry weather. Our roads are too dirty. Waterless washing only really suits places like the dry states in the USA, and even at that you'd want to be given the car a wipe down quite frequently. Using that technique here would result in doing a lot of damage to your paint work, introducing swirls with will take the glossy look of your paint work.

It is possible to get the products if you really wanted to - shoot me a PM if you'd like me to help you out!

thanks for the non @rsehole type response curran, i should have added that i intend this to be used only after i have power hosed and shampooed my car. i used mantis last year and i found it great if applied after a good deep clean. i would not hope to use something like this to solely wash my car , just more of an aftercare product. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

There are far better quality products than know Mantis, for the intended purpose. After a wash, you are looking for a quick detailer with protection type product. You should be looking at products like Chemical Guys Blitz, Speed Wipe, Hybrid V07 or Orchard Autocare Perfection. All are spray on, buff off type products that add depth, gloss / shine, but add a certain amount of protection, that will get you from wash to wash. Perfection is a nice product as you can spray it anywhere, don't have to be worrying about not getting it on certain parts of the car.... It will go onto paint, glass, plastic trim. It will give a deeper shade to trim and paint, but works well on glass, even on the windscreen, and wipers work more smoothly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

I use blitz myself and find it great

• Advertisement
Advertisement