Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If asked.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Another point in all of this is that in some industries (like mine), a lot of roles never hit the job ads - people refer people instead. The worry over HR binning your CV doesn't really exist there, so we may be a very niche case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

For too long now we as people engaged in shooting sports have kept our heads down and our mouths shut as if those against our sport will go away.
    We must tell all how good our sport is and its benefits to the environment and to our personal health and well being. We should not be afraid to promote our sport, however going on the security issues highlighted above perhaps a CV is not the place to start.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sparks wrote: »
    Another point in all of this is that in some industries (like mine), a lot of roles never hit the job ads - people refer people instead. The worry over HR binning your CV doesn't really exist there, so we may be a very niche case.

Our industry is very much the exception. The last time I applied for a job without being referred/recommended was for a summer job during college almost 12 years ago. That's not normal at all.

Advertisement