Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baikal stock wanted

Options
  • 21-03-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi I have a Baikal ij 18 single shot gun, the stock is perfect but its for a left hand shooter this is a problem because I shoot of my right.
    Is there any body who has a right hand stock or know of some one who has one or would make one and if so how much would it cost to get a stock made.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Hi I have a Baikal ij 18 single shot gun, the stock is perfect but its for a left hand shooter this is a problem because I shoot of my right.
    Is there any body who has a right hand stock or know of some one who has one or would make one and if so how much would it cost to get a stock made.
    As a last resort, you could try contacting Numrich Gun Parts. They show your stock as being out of stock. Not sure if it will ever be back in stock, or if it were, they would ship to Ireland. However, it is worth an email.

Here is a link to your schematic, just in case you need parts in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Give pat in lucan a call. He got my forend for my baikel when other places couldn't find.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Try Mulvihills in Ballymahon - I think he has a Baikal with the barrel in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If you can't get it from a scrapper I think cost could be prohibitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Could you not just get the stock recast to suit you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Massey_390T

Could you not just get the stock recast to suit you?

What is recasting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

What is recasting

Essentially warping the timber a different way than it is now.

Give pat in lucan a call. He got my forend for my baikel when other places couldn't find.

Sorry what's the name of the gun smiths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Walter Blacklaw is quite good at recasting stocks.

The stock is wrapped in muslin cloth and boiled linseed oil is used to heat the stock by pouring it over it. While this is going on the stock is held in a jig and adjusted as it is more pliable when its hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 international shooter

Walter Blacklaw is quite good at recasting stocks.

The stock is wrapped in muslin cloth and boiled linseed oil is used to heat the stock by pouring it over it. While this is going on the stock is held in a jig and adjusted as it is more pliable when its hot.

The biggest problem with this, and I talk from experience, is that the wood eventually drifts back to original cast especially when out shooting in all weathers which considering its a Baikel (which its made for) im sure it is. Now I agree with you its a cheap and practical way of getting around the corner but in the end the cast will start to drift and when it does the best you can hope for is neutral cast or IOW no cast. Just something to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 international shooter

Some one who has one or would make one and if so how much would it cost to get a stock made.

If you plan on staying in Ireland I know Pat Sludds is making a LOT of stocks these days. I dont have a contact number for him but I'm sure someone here has. In terms of cost it really depends on what your looking for and what type of wood you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

give pat sludds a ring he made one for me. the stock will be made to measure . his number is 087 6904289.

skipking wrote: »
    give pat sludds a ring he made one for me. the stock will be made to measure . his number is 087 6904289.

Sound for that thanks

Has any body an email address or a mobile number for for Mulvihills firearms in Bally Mahon

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

Has any body an email address or a mobile number for for Mulvihills firearms in Bally Mahon

Pm sent

Advertisement