Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site is designed but need an order form

Options
  • 28-07-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have the website designed and coded - but what I need is to create a payment and username/password generating form to allow users to pay to subscribe to the website.

Creating the site is where my web design abilities ends, what would be the damage if I got a design firm to put the payment/username/password forms and login onto the site?

Have been looking at PayPal but would anyone advise another?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Hi Truss,

There have been lots of similar questions about online payments asked in the past on these forums if you do a search you will find them.

You can use a Payments Bureau such as PayPal or a Payment Service Provider such as Realex or WorldNet. If you follow some of the links in my signature you will find a comparison for the payment service providers and also a list of Payment Bureaus who work with Irish merchants. I've already linked to my site 3 times in the above post so I don't want to over do it. I recommend you read the "how do I setup online payments" section on the site to get a greater understanding of online payments and the options available.

If you have build your website using an existing CMS or e-commerce platform then you should be able to get a plugin for your choice of payment provider. If you have build a custom site then you will need to write code to integrate your site to your payment provider. All of the providers will provide sample code and detailed documentation to help you with this process.

Without know the details of how you site is designed and implemented it is difficult to say how much it would cost to get someone to do the payment integration work. If it is built with a popular CMS then it might be just the case of installing a plugin for your chosen payments provider but if it is is a custom site then it would require a custom implementation which would take longer.

You mention username/password forms to login to the site. Why will people log into the site? Will your customers be making a once off payment or will they be making regular payments for a subscription to the site?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Truss

Hi Dave,

Thanks for detailed response, yeah I had a quick look but find they don't always answer the specific questions I might have.

It's a custom site, no CMS - although I could alter it for Joomla - I have worked with Joomla before and wouldn't have any trouble with the plugins, did a custom job on this one purely for aesthetic reasons.

It's a subscription payment, one payment to access the site for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Hi Truss,

It looks like there are 2 aspects of the site that you need to work on -
    • A method of accepting online payments from users who signup to your site.
    • A way to password protect the content on the site so that only registered members can access the protected content.

Are the above statements correct?

With regards the payments if you can tell me a little more about your line of business, expected number of users, cost of the subscription etc. then I can recommend an approach for you. You can PM this info to me or email me.

I think a CMS such as Joomla would be a good approach for the website itself and the password protected area. Although some of the other posters here may have more experience in this are and maybe able to offer better suggestions.

Dave

Advertisement