Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Penalty Points - where to view

Options
  • 09-10-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have one point but cannot remember exactly when I got it. How do I find out this information?

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Think you can ring up the tax office or something?!

You could speed again, break the limit, get caught, await the new notice, pay it, await the confirmation, and it will tell you at the bottom of the letter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Ye could try ringing the Dept of Transport (probably in Shannon) and have your licence to hand. There is a person file number on your licence which you will probably be asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

TheNog wrote: »
    Ye could try ringing the Dept of Transport (probably in Shannon) and have your licence to hand. There is a person file number on your licence which you will probably be asked.

Thanks - I'll give that a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

let us know how ya got on, ive two also and forgot when i got them also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

indeed, i have 2 points and also cant quite remember when they expire, let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Its 3 years after you get caught that they expire isnt it?.... or is it 3 years after you get the confirmation in the post? *

[size=-2]* I know the OP is asking how to find out the date, im just slightly hijacking the thread :D[/size]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Its 3 years after you get caught that they expire isnt it?.... or is it 3 years after you get the confirmation in the post? *

[size=-2]* I know the OP is asking how to find out the date, im just slightly hijacking the thread :D[/size]

3 years after you get confirmation

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

TheNog wrote: »
    3 years after you get confirmation
    Damn! I must ring them up anyways, they messed mine up at the time and sent me out double points! Took a month or so and lots of phone calls and visits to the garda station. I think eventually they took my 2 "bonus" points off, but who knows when my actual points expire.

Advertisement