Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Dragons (Olympia Theatre, 22nd Aug)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I bought tickets this morning for Imagine Dragons for a friend and chose the ticketfast option but when I clicked on the Print & View Tickets button I got a message saying that the service is temporarily unavailable and to check back later.

I rang Ticketmaster and they emailed me the pdf file so I have the tickets but the customer service person thought maybe a firewall was blocking me from printing them. I've used the same pc to print tickets umpteen times before though, only a few weeks ago actually and all went fine. Can I assume this is a one-off blip or should I expect the same problem in the future? Anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

FonE wrote: »
    I bought tickets this morning for Imagine Dragons for a friend and chose the ticketfast option but when I clicked on the Print & View Tickets button I got a message saying that the service is temporarily unavailable and to check back later.

I rang Ticketmaster and they emailed me the pdf file so I have the tickets but the customer service person thought maybe a firewall was blocking me from printing them. I've used the same pc to print tickets umpteen times before though, only a few weeks ago actually and all went fine. Can I assume this is a one-off blip or should I expect the same problem in the future? Anyone else experienced this?

I had the same problem. I'm just going to wait and see does it fix itself before emailing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

alleystar wrote: »
    2nd date confirmed for Imagine Dragons on Tuesday 20th of August, tickets on sale Friday at 9am!

Is this sold out too?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is this sold out too?

No, I think the tickets are still on-sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Saw them play a mini-set at Trinity Ball and they were amazing. I was looking forward to it so much and they didn't disappoint.

Talked to them after they played and they said they'd be back in the summer - they haven't disappointed! Bring on August 20th :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 glabousky

Anybody know of 2 tickets going for the 22nd gig??and has anybody ever bought tickets from viagogo?are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

Want to go to this so bad, just need to find myself a ticket somehow!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

How was tonight's gig? Support worth seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Support were pretty good I thought, though I only caught the tail end (weekday gigs screw me over always!)

As for Imagine Dragons, they were awesome. Had the same problem I've had with gigs all year though, so many fair weathers. Loads of people towards the back, which is obviously not far in the Olympia, just wanting to get hammered and shout random nonsensical stupidity. It's always worse with cheaper gigs too.

Great set though, helped a lot that as much as I love their album I hadn't checked up on the band at all (for some strange reason I thought they were Welsh!) and so having not seen any YouTube videos or that the live experience was entirely a surprise to me.

Venue is way too small for them though, for such a big sound and the amount of actual die hard fans they did manage to attract aside from the morons.

niallon wrote: »
    Support were pretty good I thought, though I only caught the tail end (weekday gigs screw me over always!)

As for Imagine Dragons, they were awesome. Had the same problem I've had with gigs all year though, so many fair weathers. Loads of people towards the back, which is obviously not far in the Olympia, just wanting to get hammered and shout random nonsensical stupidity. It's always worse with cheaper gigs too.

Great set though, helped a lot that as much as I love their album I hadn't checked up on the band at all (for some strange reason I thought they were Welsh!) and so having not seen any YouTube videos or that the live experience was entirely a surprise to me.

Venue is way too small for them though, for such a big sound and the amount of actual die hard fans they did manage to attract aside from the morons.

What was the setlist? If you can remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Bit harsh calling people fair weathers when you thought the band were Welsh don't you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I was completely surprised by their live show. It was not what i expected at all, it was much better than i anticipated!

The amount of drums on stage being played at once was amazing.

As for the person who asked about the set list:
    Every song on the standard edition album, except every night (i think) , round and round, Cha-Ching (as far as i remember), and 2 covers

To clarify that: Round and round and cha-ching are in the setlist, the "except" refers only to every night!

Thanks! Do you have any clue what time people started queuing at?

I only arrived at 8.30 so I don't know, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Well there was a queue of 20-30 well before the doors even opened. Passed by there at ~6:15 and there was maybe 15 people queuing.

Caliden wrote: »
    Bit harsh calling people fair weathers when you thought the band were Welsh don't you think?
    I specifically made reference to there being die hards there so as to put myself somewhere in the middle. I love there album, but no I haven't gone finding out their back story, pet hates, favourite movies etc, therefore I didn't know what part of the world they were from.

By fair weathers I mean the people who had no clue what they were at, just saw there was was cheap tickets for a gig in the Olympia and they had nothing better to do on a Tuesday

One thing i was really happy about was that the crowd in my section, the circle, didn't have their phones/cameras out for the whole concert and nobody in my row got up to go to the toilet or bar during the whole concert!

I hate when people have their phones out for the whole gig or go to the bar 10 times!

neil_18_ wrote: »

I hate when people have their phones out for the whole gig or go to the bar 10 times!

Completely agree, I never take photo's or videos at concerts, well bar 1 or 2 snaps maybe. I go to enjoy it and throw myself right into the music. Why watch the whole bloody thing through a camera screen, it's beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

niallon wrote: »
    I specifically made reference to there being die hards there so as to put myself somewhere in the middle. I love there album, but no I haven't gone finding out their back story, pet hates, favourite movies etc, therefore I didn't know what part of the world they were from.

By fair weathers I mean the people who had no clue what they were at, just saw there was was cheap tickets for a gig in the Olympia and they had nothing better to do on a Tuesday

I doubt there were too many who casually came across this gig as it sold out pretty fast so most people would've actively pursued a ticket and might have been ones who missed on on the Thursday gig and were lucky enough to get a second gig put on.

Well I was near the front so I guess we had a different experience.

..although a family sitting near me did try and record the whole show??!!:confused:

..although a family sitting near me did try and record the whole show??!!:confused:

Wait, you were near the front, yet there were people sitting near you.. is downstairs seated or do you mean your seat upstairs was near front row?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Front of circle to clarify!:rolleyes:

I doubt there were too many who casually came across this gig as it sold out pretty fast so most people would've actively pursued a ticket and might have been ones who missed on on the Thursday gig and were lucky enough to get a second gig put on.

It was mostly the muppet standing behind us who decided to shout "C'mon ta f**k" during the song dedicated to Tyler Robinson and from then proceeded to say oh so many funny and hilarious things. There were others doing similar (yes the closer to the bar in the Olympia the worse it is) but generally these people will always find me, even amongst eighty thousand capacity crowds, so I don't get too surprised anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

CFC007 wrote: »
    How was tonight's gig? Support worth seeing?
    Support were great!!! Really heavy enough rock, we hung out with them afterwards, they're suuuuuch nice lads!!!
    What was the setlist? If you can remember.
    I got the setlist actually, so here it is Intro, Round and Round, Amsterdam, Tip Toe, Hear Me, Cha-Ching, Rocks, It's Time, 30 Lives, Bleeding Out, Demons, **Three Little Birds Cover, Stand By Me Cover**, Underdog, On Top Of The World, Radioactive, Nothing Left To Say.
    **They're not on the setlist but they played them

We got there at 4.40 and there was about 10, by about 6 there was about 100 people (this is for standing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Been to some bad gigs in my time, but that took the biscuit.

Studio band. Awful live!

Studio band. Awful live!

Would that be in reference to the quality of the music live or the bands stage performance?

Reason I ask is because on Tuesday for the great night I had, I did think the Olympia just wasn't doing the set justice, with a tonne of percussion plus a synth there was details getting lost

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Studio band. Awful live!

I thought they were amazing live, dans voice wasnt great for the first few songs but that would be me being really picky. I thought they were fantastic.

Some of the crowd were a bit annoying eg. 2 blokes in front of me discussing whether dans tshirt was the one he wore in the radioactive video....other people talking non stop...why go to see a live band and talk through each and every song :mad:

Support band were great just wished the singer didnt talk so much....

Jesus I thought they were brilliant! Queued for three hours and got to the front row, right in front of the lead guitarist. Certain songs are better on the album/ EPs - for example Round and Round but every other song was close enough to the original. Radioactive was epic, brilliant close to the show and the variety of drums used throughout the gig was just incredible. Well worth the wait.

I was a bit surprised with the crowd though, a lot of young girls there. Everyone was sound enough, including the staff.

The support act was very good imo, but that guy on the tambourine was cracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Jesus I thought they were brilliant! Queued for three hours and got to the front row, right in front of the lead guitarist. Certain songs are better on the album/ EPs - for example Round and Round but every other song was close enough to the original. Radioactive was epic, brilliant close to the show and the variety of drums used throughout the gig was just incredible. Well worth the wait.

I was a bit surprised with the crowd though, a lot of young girls there. Everyone was sound enough, including the staff.

The support act was very good imo, but that guy on the tambourine was cracked.

Yeah how the chap with the tambourine didnt get whiplash ill never know.

I thought it was brilliant when they threw those huge balloons into the crowd :D

viv2 wrote: »
    Yeah how the chap with the tambourine didnt get whiplash ill never know.

I thought it was brilliant when they threw those huge balloons into the crowd :D

Yeah from his long hair! He was absolutely stone mad.

Oh God yeah! And the confetti was inside! That was a nice touch to the show. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement