Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TK Maxx

• 06-03-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here found anything good in TK Maxx recently? Ive picked up a few things here and there over the years but was just wondering does anyone find quality stuff on a regular basis? Is the reward of finding something decent for cheap worth trawling the racks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I gave up on them ages ago.

Used to get great bargains on CK boxers and quality business shirts, but their ranges of mens wear have gone to pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

It is pure luck finding anything decent there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

a mecca for those of us that are students............;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

fatal wrote:
    a mecca for those of us that are students............;)
    not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Yeah thats what I figured pot luck. They need to find a better way of organising the racks I think. I always found it easier to find things in these types of stores in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I find the one in Swords quite well organised. St Stephens green is a mess.

I've gotten a few things there. It's useful for gym gear and shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I used to work beside the one in swords so it was handy to browse in and I found some good stuff over the years. The busier stores like Stephen's Green are a bit of disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

yes, yes and yes...

but you have to go in willing to spend a while and leave empty handed 99 times out of 100... and even if you do find something [unless it's something really quirky that you wouldn't get in a normal shop in dublin, like the Benni Miles yellow/orange camo polo shirt i found there a while back] you're probably not going to save that much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Stephens Green always seems a disaster these days alright. :( The ones up north can throw up the odd interesting item though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

unreggd wrote:
    not really

you didnt read the last word of my post;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Bought a new pair of jeans from them today and then left them on the bus :(. I love the place though, it is pot luck but iv found so many jems. Always huge selection of jeans and cool hoodys/tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Stephens Green is grand once it is quiet, if it gets at all busy the place turns into a nightmare. I've been lucky and found some real great deals both there and in swords. You just have to accept that a lot of the time you might not find anything good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The ones in England were far better. The Stephen's Green one seems to just be the leftover crap they couldn't sell anywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

i've lost patience with all them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

We're finally getting one in Cork city! T'will put the city on the map!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I dont have the patience for TK Maxx. If they just reduced their stock by maybe 20%, I'm sure they would sell so much more. The thing that really annoys me though is when you find something you like, but in the wrong size. And fck knows where the thing in the right size is! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

I think its great as long as you strategise. Go in on a weekday morning, when its quiet, with a lot of time and patience. You have to root but if you have the patience you can find brilliant things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You do have to look to find anything though. I used to take a break form work to go over and look in Swords. Its amazing how less you care about spending time looking when it's time of work.

louisecm wrote:
    I think its great as long as you strategise. Go in on a weekday morning, when its quiet, with a lot of time and patience. You have to root but if you have the patience you can find brilliant things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

the one in stephens green is a mess never found anything good in it

the american version is deadly lots of great stuff but then again clothes are much cheaper in US

• Advertisement

the one in blanch is also always a big mess!

the one in swords is probably the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Malteaser! wrote:
    the one in blanch is also always a big mess!

I usually find loads of stuff in blanch, sometimes have a hard time deciding!

The one in stephens green is an absolute joke though, and don't get me started on that prat who works on the changing rooms. Oh, and the men get 4 stalls while the women get about 20!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I worked beside the one in swords and have found some great bargains although it is a lot of effort but thats TK maxx for ya!. I´m away travelling at the moment and picked up a lot of gear there before Xmas. Got a pair of CAT hiking boots, a Columbia micro fleece, a Columbia heavy fleece, a termal long sleeve top from Trespass and a lil set of swiss army knife, tiny torch, compass and a few lil things in a small pack. I also got my boyfriend a really good fleece there as well.

In terms of what I found before I started collecting my travel gear- I got a pair of 7 jeans- pretty expensive usually. Loads of Miss Sixty tops, a Tommy Hilfiger Cord jfitted jacket, FCUK t-shirt,a Puma hoody, a pair of Lulu Guiness shoes, an Orca leather bag, a few Quiksilver items...tonnes. You have to know what to look for...I think it´s a top spot if you have the time to go trawling through racks. Some weeks they have nothing- others it´ll be a gold mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i always always find something i love in there,got a t shirt from it there yesterday,it was in the stephens green one bit i had time to kill and its ok once you ignore the screaming kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i got a leather jacket a bit ago in tralee, ben sherman. perfect fit and very expensive new as well.....:p

paid about 100euro for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i usually buy jeans from them, cheaper than the usual price for something that's fairly uniform anyway, though i have seen some pure tacky clothes there. though i've had mostly positive experiences.

they always have really tacky crap in there,i made my brother put on a dodgy dress and took photos,he so wasnt impressed when they showed up on bebo

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

you definitly need to be in the mood for it!!!i found some great designer things in them over the years and i as pretty hppy!!the on in newry beside me burned down so its only re opening no so il have to get a wee nosey round it now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

they got a lot of knackerish puff diddy style things like jeans with all sorts of labels and chains and locks hanging off....:rolleyes:
    same style of shirts, seend loads of that stuff, would be amazed to see anyone wear that junk.

legs11 wrote:
    they got a lot of knackerish puff diddy style things like jeans with all sorts of labels and chains and locks hanging off....:rolleyes:
    same style of shirts, seend loads of that stuff, would be amazed to see anyone wear that junk.

The new newry store aint great, well for guys anway, not as big a selection but then i guess it is a lot smaller than most. I bought some jeans there last week and then left them on the bus :(.

i find the guys sections in all them are crap though,they have nothing in comparison to the selection the girls have

that just means that you don't have to spend forever and a day looking for something in your size or actually worth buying!! :p

i find the guys sections in all them are crap though,they have nothing in comparison to the selection the girls have

Go onto the high street and count the ratio of female fashion shops to mens, there you shall find the answer.

Advertisement