Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UGG Boots

Options
  • 11-02-2007 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Living in the Dublin area and my girlfriend wanted to know if there was anywhere she could get ugg boots in Dublin, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Hey,
    Not sure for definite but I think the boots can be got in Fitzpatricks in Dublin. They have a few shops around the city. If worst comes to worst, there's always Ebay and if you don't wanna risk authenticity try the Bloomingdales, New York website! They ship to Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Korkys in Dundrum has them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

So does Office in Dundrum. Real rip off... These do not cost as much if converted into AUS/NZ dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

So does Office in Dundrum. Real rip off... These do not cost as much if converted into AUS/NZ dollars.
    yes they may be cheaper in australia, but have you factored in these charges into the item?

custom charges
    higher tax rates in ireland
    rent in high profile places like dundrum
    insurance for shop.

etc. etc.

it's the same with the likes of guiness, it's cheaper to buy here than it is in say the likes of america/australia because it's produced here and therefore there's less overheads from production to your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I know the question was simply where to get them but I will happily point out that UGG's are the stupidest and possible the uggliest shoes…. Ever.

Also I can't wait to see all those kids future doctors bills as they suffer all sorts of problems with over pronanted feet. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yah they may look silly looking but they are just so so comfy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Dragan wrote:
    I know the question was simply where to get them but I will happily point out that UGG's are the stupidest and possible the uggliest shoes…. Ever.

Also I can't wait to see all those kids future doctors bills as they suffer all sorts of problems with over pronanted feet. :rolleyes:

he's right

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tinkerbell wrote:
    Yah they may look silly looking but they are just so so comfy :D
    it's not even their sillyness though, it's the way girls walk in them after a couple of months. when they walk like penguins in them - ie on the sides of the boot - it can't be good for the feet.

but if they want bad posture in later life then they can be my guest :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

I'd usually join in on the ugg is for ugly opinion but I saw Carmeron Diaz wearing a gorgeous pair in Heat magazine last week. The collar kind of split at the front and folded down on either side. They looked super comfy and cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭loodles

Fitzpatricks dundrum have them €235 for the tall ones. I have ordered them from hartings.co.nz for €165 haven't received them yet but only ordered on friday. Got the website from someone on here a while back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Can we make this a sticky. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Cremo wrote:
    it's not even their sillyness though, it's the way girls walk in them after a couple of months. when they walk like penguins in them - ie on the sides of the boot - it can't be good for the feet.

but if they want bad posture in later life then they can be my guest :D.

That only happens if you buy the cheap knockoffs. The real ones dont do that.

Oh and you can get them in Schuh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dragan wrote:

I don't think the OP asked for- or cares about- your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Piste wrote:
    \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Piste wrote:
    I don't think they asked for or care about your comment on Dragan's off topic post either, but hell, there's nothing like a condescending off topic remark on an internet forum for self gratification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Piste wrote:

Well no offence Piste, but at least i had a point in mentioning the future dangers of wearing boots that offer absolutely **** all support for the body and posture. ;)

I assume you were just posting for the sake of posting, or in defense of your UGGS. :)

Also, last time i checked this was the fashion forum, so offering opinion of someones fashion choice falls within the realm of whats allowed?

Finally, as per charter if you had an issue with my post then report it, don't bring it up within the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I have never seen a girl actually wear these properly, they are always sideways on their feet and look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I have never seen a girl actually wear these properly, they are always sideways on their feet and look terrible.
    That's because the majority of people wear the fake "UGGs" so they go wonky after a few wears. The real UGG Australia boots don't go like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

true story!

i've gone through 3 pairs of the fake ones, im so p!ssed off at them i feel like just buying the real ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Dragan wrote:

Also, last time i checked this was the fashion forum, so offering opinion of someones fashion choice falls within the realm of whats allowed?

The OP asked where to avail of Ugg boots, not people's opinion on them.
    Yet, you still felt you had to give yours.

See the problem there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

price rant sorry... was just chatting to my mate back home and she said she can get me a pair from the bargin bin for 2nz dollars! we have just as much sheep here in ireland, be brilliant if we made homegrown uggs here aye. plus promote to buy irish made.

Advertisement