Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for achieving A/ B in HL Economics?

Options
  • 12-09-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,
    I'm doing Economics at school but my teacher isn't the best. I know Economics is doable as a self-taught subject so I would like to know tips from people who either self-taught Economics or did very well at it in the Leaving Cert? I have the book Positive Economics but I don't think I can splash out on other books if anybody recommends different. I 'm a visual learner so perhaps if there are videos you watched that helped you with Economics could you recommend them to me? I'm open to every tip though, really!
    I'm a visual learner and work well with good explanations and examples, I've watched lectures on Economics and they do help me better understand what I'm learning but obviously it's not always suitable for the Leaving Cert. I'm aiming for a B1/ B2, an A2 at a push but definitely somewhere in the B range. I don't know if I'm good enough to count Economics in my top six, but I definitely want to prove to myself I can do well at it.
    Sorry for the long post... I want to get as much information out as possible to get the best tips as possible.
    Any help is much appreciated! x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Got an A1 in Economics this year which not a lot of people do. The key to doing well is learning from marking schemes as this has the way you need to answer Q's to gain full marks.

Also, when learning a concept, try to understand it and explain it in your own words instead of learning a 'model' answer to regurgitate. This will make things a lot easier.

Mnemonics are really helpful to help you understand lists of answers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zed1

thelad95 wrote: »
    Got an A1 in Economics this year which not a lot of people do. The key to doing well is learning from marking schemes as this has the way you need to answer Q's to gain full marks.

Also, when learning a concept, try to understand it and explain it in your own words instead of learning a 'model' answer to regurgitate. This will make things a lot easier.

Mnemonics are really helpful to help you understand lists of answers as well.

Thanks! And congrats on the A1 :)

Advertisement