Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair removal

Options
  • 21-03-2007 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

ok so this is one for the girls. i normally go to the beauticians every 6-8 weeks to get my legs, bikini line and underarms waxed, however this is sending me broke. i was just wondering if anyone has tried the depilators and if so how good are they. I dont want to have to go back to shaving and the odd time i do use hair removal creams but i was hoping to use the depilators. i think i have read somewhere that it can hurt but i wouldnt mind that so long as it worked and lasted mose than a few days, i have been told that i am not that hairy, so thats why i think it would be a good idea to use the depilators, if anyone has used them can you tell me your experiences please.

ps i dont want to have to use wax myself because i have tried in the past and i am useless
    thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Do you mean epilator? If yes, and you don't mind the pain, then yes they are very good. I have a Braun one that I bought in Argos and it's brilliant.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

How does an epilator work??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

it plucks the hairs out. It's a bit like an overgrown electrcal tweezers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

apparently they're not recommended for folk with varicose veins and are all uncomfortable. I don't know how I know this but I don't want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I find epilator's awkward to use for anything other than the stretch of shin-skin between knees and ankles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

are they really sore to use??

i've always been put off them by how much i'll think they hurt!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I've been using one since I was 12 - started with one of the first ones available with the horrible wire coils. They hurt! I don't find that the new ones hurt at all, especially if they have the little "skin stretchy" rollers on them which I think they all do now. Then again after 15 years of using them I would hate to think that I'd still find it painful! Also I've never shaved so the hairgrowth isn't that bad.
    I use mine on my legs and underarms and have in the past used it on my bikini line but nowadays I splurge on the six weekly trip to my darling waxist for that.

Advertisement