Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reverse screen display

Options
  • 08-04-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

my van has a reverse camera on the back but no screen on the dash i think i have found the wiring for it under the passenger seat with a yellow and red jack plug and as the van is 23ft long we are keen to get some sort of reverse sensor in place
    i have been on good old ebay and and can get a 7in lcd screen,what a was wondering is what else i would need to get it up and running :rolleyes:

my head is spinning trying to follow all this rsa stuff thanks to you guys for trying to keep us abreast of it all :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

You should need nothing else. I would check that the system works first by pluging the red and yellow plugs into the back of a normal tv. Do you know how the camera is powered?? Off the reverse light or maybe the side lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

you will only need the yellow lead for the picture red is sound if its the same plug as the yellow one , if not its a power supply lead some come with a 12v plug coming direct up to the front from the camera mostly these are on camera systems that are used on transformers ie on a household application !

if it were me id connect the power to the reverse lights so select reverse and on comes the camera or on a switch on the dash so u can keep an eye on things behind you especially if causing tailbacks :p

best of luck with it , im looking to fit a reversing camera next week to my caddy as i cant see out the back and am using a rear view mirror mountable screen and a camera that will attach under the grab handle il post some pics when the stuff arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

the leads i found in my o/p were not for the reverse cam but for some sort of audio not sure what they are for,but after a bit of a mooching i did find the box for the camrea in the dash with 2 wires one for av and the other a 12v power out hooked it up th my big tv put it in reverse and hey it works all i need now is a small dash tv

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭focusowner

or a rear view mirror monitor :D

Advertisement