Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Tax, Insurance and Licence Info.

Options
  • 08-04-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of getting a second hand campervan, but just looking for little info first,
    1) Is there raod tax on a campervan ? if so do you need to pay the whole year, even tho you may only drive it 1,2 months in the year ?
    2 ) again, Insurance, do you need to be insured for the whole year ? or can you just insure certain months ? and rouhly whats insurance costs on a campervan ?
    3 ) I have a normal car B licence, would I need to get a different licence to be able to drive a campervan ?

thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

its all in the stickies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Yes it is all in the stickies but basically:

1) Tax is only around 65 per year which takes into account that you only drive it quite little
    2) Insurance is with 2 companies for the most part, Stuarts and Dolmen, its is about 330 for year or 360 for open drive
    3) your car licence will do for driving most regular campers unless you buy a huge one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭vinniem

1) TAX is definitely €88 per annum
    2) insurance for open drive will cost around €395 with Stuarts:( not sure about Dolmen.
    3) Car licence (B) will do you for campers with GVW up to 3500kg's, even some campers over that would not be considered 'huge'

Advertisement