Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are the best wrestling news sites

• 11-10-2014 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I know you guys were always good when it came to helping me out in the past so you are my first port of call again :)

I'll be writing / summarising pro wrestling news on an online wrestling game I play and I wanted to know what sites do you consider to be the most reliable, interesting and well respected on the internet.

I already know of quite a few such as Wrestling Observer, PWinsider etc. but I'd like to draw on a good reliable pool of sites to get a nice variety of stories, reports, interviews and so on.

Thanks in advance as always :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

boards.ie => Sports => Pro Wrestling

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Lord TSC wrote: »
    boards.ie => Sports => Pro Wrestling

:P

Yeah I've heard that one is pretty good :P

I need to post sources though and someimes they don't get mentioned here, most of the time they do but not always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I used ewrestlingnews.com, what cultures wwe channel. Lordsofpain.net or the bleacher report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Wrestling Observer since many dirtsheets copy and paste news from Wrestling Observer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Observer and PW Insider are the way to go.

Those and Dave Meltzer's twitter account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

TMZ gets the odd scoop.

I don't think The Torch has much breaking news these days

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Insideandout

PWInsider, Wrestling Observer and Wrestlenewz are the ones I use regularly. I pop onto wrestlingrevealed sometimes too, for a laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The state of Wrestling news in 2014 is something I could write a dissertation on.

I subscribe to Wrestling Observer, PWInsider and PWTorch. Like the three big traditional cornerstones. However the owners/writers and the way they deliver news is kind of dated. I think the young main reporter on those three sites is like approaching 40. Most of them are essentially your Da when it comes to technology and social media. Meltzer an amazing traditional journalist with a real instinct for knowing when a source is working him/giving dodgy info gets regularly duped by fake social media accounts and recently an AJ Lee fake nudes.

Also Meltzer saves news and sometimes loses the scoop as another reporter will report the story instead as he will sit on it Wednesday night when he posts it in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. There's blogs, other news sites and some Twitter accounts that offer 24/7 news.

Your Wrestlezones, WrestlingIncs and your Bleacher Reports are all just news aggregators and free so you get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

rovert wrote: »
    The state of Wrestling news in 2014 is something I could write a dissertation on.

Someone beat you to it http://tagropeblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/22/dissertation-is-professional-wrestling-coverage-a-form-of-journalism/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

PW Torch is the only one I have bookmarked, although I do look at Bleacher Report & Lords Of Pain every so often.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ageyev wrote: »

Well aware of that one. He did a great job. Was very lucky to get the level of response he did. Smart lad using Wreddit.

Advertisement