Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for dealing with Meteor customer service

Options
  • 07-10-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have just returned to the country for the first time in 18 months to find out that despite completely buying out my contract with meteor before leaving, my current account was still debited every month since April 2013.

The quality of customer care I have dealt with trying to get this situation resolved has been nothing short of shocking. I have been transferred many times between departments and no supervisor of any description has been willing to talk to me.

I was also told that to receive a transcript of any of the phone calls that I have made I would have to post a letter to their head office and that there is no email address available for this service.

Has anybody got any recommendations on how I would go about getting a refund for the service (500 euro worth) that I made very clear before leaving that I would have no want or need for.

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Find out who the boss of Meteor is and email him/her directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Paulmm wrote: »
    I have just returned to the country for the first time in 18 months to find out that despite completely buying out my contract with meteor before leaving, my current account was still debited every month since April 2013.

The quality of customer care I have dealt with trying to get this situation resolved has been nothing short of shocking. I have been transferred many times between departments and no supervisor of any description has been willing to talk to me.

I was also told that to receive a transcript of any of the phone calls that I have made I would have to post a letter to their head office and that there is no email address available for this service.

Has anybody got any recommendations on how I would go about getting a refund for the service (500 euro worth) that I made very clear before leaving that I would have no want or need for.

Cheers

Ask for an official complaint No, also inform them, that you are taking the matter up with Comreg...Gather all you facts together, Keep all correspondence on an email basis..(by phone, you will be treated to a scene in Groundhog Day),they offer a half decent phone service, reasonable rates...however there customer service is pitiful.. Customer retention, is not top of there list... I don't envy you... you should reach them at the following email address, info@meteor.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Paulmm

Thanks,

I have already given up on the phone approach. (Groundhog day is a pretty accurate description of what I had to deal with).
    I sent an email detailing my problem and have yet to receive a reply...

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Paul you have my sympathies, Meteor are possibly the worst company in this country for customer service.
    I had such a bad experience, also over money being taken from my acccount incorrectly which left me over 250 short one month.
    It took weeks resolve and the staff were very rude - I remember one saying to me 'I could just hang up on you if I wanted to'...

I got it resolved by telephone in the end (and after involving my bank) if you have already tried this, I think letter and email would be better.
    It may be slower but at leasrt you have proof of everything you have sent - I am not sure who the regulators are for telecoms but a google serach showed these:

http://www.comreg.ie/telecoms/telecoms.565.html

If you maybe cc'd them into all email correspondence and also forwarded all letters to them including proof of you closing the account in 2013 and copies of your bank statements showing the incorrect debits then you might get somewhere.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

I don't think you will get anywhere with customer service with this company. Based on personal experience and that of a family member, Meteor are happy to take your money and then give you the run around and imply that you are lying.

Not a good company.

Definitely send something to their head office in writing. You want to escalate it as much as possible.
    Give Comreg a go, then try a letter warning of legal action and giving 14 days to resolve, then it's on to Small Claims Court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I wasted a lot of time with their customer service as well related to an issue whereby their system was not billing people according to the rates from the T&Cs for my plan. The representatives never really tried to understand and kept assuming they were right and I had no clue what I was talking about.

What worked from me:
    - Raise the issue via email (to have a written track of their replies)
    - Have a few email exchanges providing factual information and debunking their off-track answers
    - Once I had everything documented and making it obvious that every single customer service agent who looked at my case was incorrect and refused to look at the facts, I forwarded the whole lot to ComReg and asked to raise a complaint
    - Meteor never apologised or clearly admitted they were screwing me and other customers, but a few days later they did refund me and fix their billing system

So your best bet is to send all the documentation which shows you are correct to ComReg. The have a process to forward the case to mobile companies and track their replies, and if they are involved and assuming you are all clean on your hand, it will be difficult for Meteor not to look into the case properly and refund you.

Advertisement