Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

reaper12 wrote: »
    That box looks brilliant. Very tempting!! Wonder how many years before it is out ;)

My supplier says available from June :D
    He says there's new full range of Amiko boxes, from single to triple tuners. Being Android based opens up a whole new world for Spark. I'm excited

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

first impressions was it looks like a clock radio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Only 1 lnb input? So only 1 tuner?

Is this not a step backwards?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Only 1 lnb input? So only 1 tuner?

Is this not a step backwards?

There are several variants, this is only one and probably the first to be released to test the waters. If you look at the installation images you will see multiple tuner support

is SPARK2 a big upgrade?

anywhere to see it in action, or is it only being released when this stb does?

all the bells & whistles and all the reason why we flash the A2 with another image seem to be already installed out-of-the-box with the A3.

I am thinking there may not be a reason to use another image if SPARK2 is up to scratch - early days but.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    is SPARK2 a big upgrade?

anywhere to see it in action, or is it only being released when this stb does?

all the bells & whistles and all the reason why we flash the A2 with another image seem to be already installed out-of-the-box with the A3.

I am thinking there may not be a reason to use another image if SPARK2 is up to scratch - early days but.

Spark2 is not available yet. Looks like it's a major overhaul to Spark with it being ported to Android, this is a big move away from dual boot Spark/Enigma and opens more doors with Android app support, XBMC, games etc. It's also a huge move away from SH4 architecture to Arm (Cortex 9). It's the right move that will have better support and plenty of goodies in future (think wearables, tell your watch what channel to change to :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

Hi Guys,

quick question, planning to connect 2tb hDD to amiko box, is it better to format it fully for linux partition - will I have access to HDD from windows computers? can I use this HDD as media storage for windows or is it better to do 2 partitions one windows second linux one? In this case will 'windows PC's have full access to Windows partition?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

domel wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

quick question, planning to connect 2tb hDD to amiko box, is it better to format it fully for linux partition - will I have access to HDD from windows computers? can I use this HDD as media storage for windows or is it better to do 2 partitions one windows second linux one? In this case will 'windows PC's have full access to Windows partition?

You could go one ext3 and Samba will allow any pc to access the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

:o too late.

12 month sub is definitely looking a bad option after today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

So the new alien will be like an android stick with an dvb tuner built in and a spark 2 app? the specs for the chip doesn't seem like its over powered.

NUTZZ wrote: »
    12 month sub is definitely looking a bad option after today!

?

Slevster wrote: »
    ?

You may Google it as I'm not going to post it here, lets just say things have started to disappear.

You may Google it as I'm not going to post it here, lets just say things have started to disappear.

just did. see what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

lets not panic.

• Advertisement

This was always coming with HD, SD will be fine for now until they start giving out free boxes to SD customers

I left sky because, the only channels I watched were the Irish channels, bbc's and channel 4's. The reason I got the box , is because I can have the soarview and freesat channels on the one box, and be recordable. this box gives me that and I now have more channels in HD (most of the bbc's, RTE 1, channel 4's and ITV's) than I had on Sky. But for no monthly sub. There will be no changes to these despite what may be happening to other services.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

SD on History isnt to bad !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Only just took out a new 12 month sub last week. Not the end of the world if I lose out on a few HD channels.

Nforce wrote: »
    Only just took out a new 12 month sub last week. Not the end of the world if I lose out on a few HD channels.
    it will be more than a few if sky italia is anything to go by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Either way, if I get even one months viewing I'm covered. :)

Nforce wrote: »
    Either way, if I get even one months viewing I'm covered. :)

the sd channels should still be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

In PKT to turn off a channels audio narration I press the red button then select "AC3 English" but when I stream that same channel to my laptop using OpenWebIf the narration is still there. Does anyone know how to turn off narration when streaming?

Cheers,

Flex

In OpenWebIf Settings>AV Settings I've got 'AC3 downmix' checked and in 'Auto language selection' I have tried separately and together checking the 'Prefer AC3' and 'Prefer audio stream stored by service' checkboxes and rebooting but no success.

Flex

In OpenWebIf Settings>AV Settings I've got 'AC3 downmix' checked and in 'Auto language selection' I have tried separately and together checking the 'Prefer AC3' and 'Prefer audio stream stored by service' checkboxes and rebooting but no success.

Flex

What channel are you trying it on?
    I have tried a few but, am not getting the nar audio.

One of the HD Movie channels. I'll see if an SD version is the same.

Flex

Flex

Try this...In auto language selection set 1 to original and 2 to English, prefer ac3 track to yes and prefer track stored by service to yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Can you or someone pm me your findings or at least a link. Googled but found nowt!

Thanks

hallo dare wrote: »
    Can you or someone pm me your findings or at least a link. Googled but found nowt!

Thanks

Pm me too . Please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Me Three. Someone pm me. I see some articles from weeks ago regarding the pairing and loss of HD, but what specifically happened yesterday?

• Advertisement

Flex

Got same result as you afterwards.
    Will change the audio.e@# file tonight. It may solve some other audio issues too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Just bought this box yesterday and am a bit shocked with how complicated it all is. Thought I knew what I was letting myself in for, but the whole thing is just way too buggy for me. I don't think the rest of the family would have a hope of being able to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Just bought this box yesterday and am a bit shocked with how complicated it all is. Thought I knew what I was letting myself in for, but the whole thing is just way too buggy for me. I don't think the rest of the family would have a hope of being able to use it!

It can be a bit of a nightmare when you first start into it, but after a while you'll be flying. just stick with it!!!

Tell us what you are doing and what bugs you are encountering, it's pretty straightforward once you have done it once

hallo dare wrote: »

Thanks
    Pm me too . Please
    TheChevron wrote: »
    Me Three. Someone pm me. I see some articles from weeks ago regarding the pairing and loss of HD, but what specifically happened yesterday?

PM'd

you have the option of using spark aswell , might suit better

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

are yous happy now

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

PM'd

Me too please.

Me too please.

Sent

• Advertisement

karl75 wrote: »
    alright lads ive had my alien running on pkt hyperion image v3, the other day i was getting pic freeze,i have a seelion anyway i went into actualization and updated the software but when receiver came back on i had a blank screen on my subs channels, played around with it still no joy tried another 2 images still no go, im using oscam everything is setup right i have 2 different seelions have tried on other receiver i have both work, like i say internet connection ok ,oscam ok but for some strange reason my seelions wont come through and very strange that ive tried 3 images still same im running hdmu now and can connect with dcc centre and basicly do anything thats needed, any ideas what could be stopping oscam from clearing these thanks in advance

have you tried using a different version of oscam from the plugins in the emu section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,884 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It would be an awful pity to see this thread closed but if people continue to blatantly post about illegal activities I can see it becoming a strong possibility.

Zardoz wrote: »
    It would be an awful pity to see this thread closed but if people continue to blatantly post about illegal activities I can see it becoming a strong possibility.

I have sent some PM's asking folks to be more careful recently. Not my place to do it perhaps, but I don't want to see this place closed.
    There are plenty of other very good forums out there, where all topics can be discussed freely

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyndale

It's plug and play with Spark! I waited for a couple of months just using Spark and then dipped my toe into Enigma a few months back without any major glitches!:cool:

I have sent some PM's asking folks to be more careful recently. Not my place to do it perhaps, but I don't want to see this place closed.
    There are plenty of other very good forums out there, where all topics can be discussed freely

Yeah! But they are not as friendly!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

cyndale wrote: »
    Yeah! But they are not as friendly!:P

That may be true, but if people continue on ignoring the rules of this forum this thread will end up being closed and that would be a great shame. We'd all be up sh1t creek then!

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    That may be true, but if people continue on ignoring the rules of this forum this thread will end up being closed and that would be a great shame. We'd all be up sh1t creek then!

I hear you! By the way thanks for Hyperion V4 it worked a treat for me from the off!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I left sky because, the only channels I watched were the Irish channels, bbc's and channel 4's. The reason I got the box , is because I can have the soarview and freesat channels on the one box, and be recordable. this box gives me that and I now have more channels in HD (most of the bbc's, RTE 1, channel 4's and ITV's) than I had on Sky. But for no monthly sub. There will be no changes to these despite what may be happening to other services.

Ditto for me, it is a great combo box with 7day epg etc
    Unfortunately if the other features disappear then the level of support is likely to reduce as fewer will be using the box

bappelbe wrote: »
    Ditto for me, it is a great combo box with 7day epg etc
    Unfortunately if the other features disappear then the level of support is likely to reduce as fewer will be using the box

The level of support will drop when the next box comes along anyway, besides the other features are not disappearing, only HD, but it's been well known this would happen eventually, Sly have been pushing new HD boxes with their new firmware and offering upgrade deals to get people to change. Anyone who bought this box in the last 6 months and didn't know about this was either badly advised or didn't do their research properly

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭cork_south

Anyone getting movies on tsmedia stuttering?
    I'm using TTGs Hv3
    YouTube works fine but 1 channel and ice films in ts media are unwatchable.
    It's not my broadband as ice films\1channel works perfect on my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Sent

Me too please :-/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement