Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary accommodation

Options
  • 23-10-2014 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any b&bs or guest houses in the salthill/Taylor's hill area that would rent a room for 5 nights a week for a month or two or have any suggestions for short term accomodation? I am on placement in the university hospital for two months so that's all I would need accom for. Any help/guidance appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

QueenBee1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any b&bs or guest houses in the salthill/Taylor's hill area that would rent a room for 5 nights a week for a month or two or have any suggestions for short term accomodation? I am on placement in the university hospital for two months so that's all I would need accom for. Any help/guidance appreciated thanks

The hostels would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

At this time of year, any BnB that's open would probably do a weekly deal.

But the hostels may be better, because in them you have access to a kitchen and lounge too. They do weekly rates, and once they know you are working or studying, will try to put you in a room with other workers. (You would be surprised how many people are in Galway a few nights each week for work etc).

see www.hostelworld.com for some recent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭QueenBee1

Any other suggestions for temporary accomadation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Could try airbnb and negotiate a longer stay. You'd need a willing person though.

Advertisement