Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fran or Nidge. Who do you want to survive?

Options
  • 14-10-2014 8:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭

It looks like its going to come down to one of them killing the other this season. Who do you want to live if you had to pick one? Note it's who you WANT to go on, not who you THINK will.

Who? 94 votes

Fran
    0% 0 votes
    Nidge
    100% 94 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd hate to see them kill of Nidge. Fran is entertaining but he's a total weirdo nutjob! I hope they both say alive and the situations just continue to escalate!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭trashcan

The series is far too invested in Nidge to kill him off I feel. There's no-one who could realistically take over as the main villain - and grafting on a new lead at this stage(Terence Big Balls for instance) wouldn't work in my view. So Nidge for me. He does need enemies though, and Fran has just become a great one. It's hard to see how they can both make it through this series, unless Fran stays locked up. Ideal climax to the whole thing would be Fran to kill Nidge I think - but that would be the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nidge, a far more interesting character.

They can get a new version of Hughie after Fran is gone if needs be. This is Nidges show though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

They are afraid to kill off Nidge now after the major mistake of getting rid of John Boy. He had so much more to give and played a very strong part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It wouldn't be the same without Nidge. Who's gonna bite Trish's arse if he dies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Hmm... Lotta love for Nidge in the posts, yet it's Fran who's ahead in the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

the nidge weasel is a total scummer .
    hope he gets clipped soon.
    john boy was the best baddie by a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

All I know is I like Fran, I like Fran a lot same as I liked Darren, I liked him a lot, I also liked my pet doggies I liked them a lot too, they all died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

It wouldn't be the same without Nidge. Who's gonna bite Trish's arse if he dies?

I am happy to cover that role!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

To me, Love/Hate = Nidge and Fran. I don't want to see either killed off and both are too important to kill off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Their lovechild, Fridge.

He's one cool dude.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Their lovechild, Fridge.

Who was played by Padraic Delaney back in 2006 in that RTE drama Legend. A drama that had promise but ultimately came to nothing. Pure Mule was far better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Im hoping both do. But Ive a feeling Fran wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

How is nidge still alive, the amount of people out to get him.

Plus the gards still haven't been able to lock him up.

Is it realistic for him to keep going.

yipeeeee wrote: »

Yes, some real world criminals survive no matter what:

-Ayman al Zawahiri is probably the most famous and wanted terrorist cum drug dealer on the planet and is STILL at large. His old pal Osama bin Laden also survived a lot longer than you'd imagine. Mullah Mohamed Omar, another drug dealer terrorist leader, also remains free.
    -In Ireland, Mr Gilligan may have gone to prison and come out but he has survived so far.
    -Kim Jong Un is still the leader of the Love/Hated styled republic of North Korea despite all the infighting and backstabbings there.
    -Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair is perhaps a heavier Loyalist version of Nidge. This guy has survived everything his rival Loyalist enemies threw at him not to mention the IRA.
    -Eamonn de Valera was seen as a criminal by the British but de Valera not only survived a certain execution by the British but also spent very little time locked up, went on to become Irish Taoiseach and President and lived to be in his 90s. Not a criminal in Ireland or even considered one by Britain by the 1950s! de Valera was the ultime clever 'weasel' and made it out alive when most of his comrades were killed in battle or executed by Britain/the Pro-Treat y side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

yipeeeee wrote: »

Yep. Just look at Martin "The Viper" Foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Conan is a better actor than Lawlor - IMO - so I hope Fran makes it to the end of the series anyway.

Hitchens wrote: »
    Conan is a better actor than Lawlor - IMO - so I hope Fran makes it to the end of the series anyway.

I reckon TVL shades it as an actor although Coonan is a talented dude himself to be fair. Both have stole this show

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

Something about Fran, he is the man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...but seems both Nidge and Fran were both killed off in the end!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

This thread should be locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

fran wasnt killed.... he just got an awfull beating. if thats what you could call it.. old news now though.

Fran will survive. He will be found and will get treated for his injuries and will be mad as hell!

Nidge is seems is dead. But who knows what will happen. Will there be a season 6 or is last Sunday the climax that leaves it wondering are they dead or not. We will have to wait and see. With regard to season 6, the following that made it to season 5 is the status quo:

Dead for sure: Pauley, Janet, Lizzie.
    Alive for sure: Ado, Elmo, Tommy, Trish, Nadine, Patrick, Terence, all the cops.
    ??: Nidge, Siobhan, Fran.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fran will survive. He will be found and will get treated for his injuries and will be mad as hell!

Nidge is seems is dead. But who knows what will happen. Will there be a season 6 or is last Sunday the climax that leaves it wondering are they dead or not. We will have to wait and see. With regard to season 6, the following that made it to season 5 is the status quo:

Dead for sure: Pauley, Janet, Lizzie.
    Alive for sure: Ado, Elmo, Tommy, Trish, Nadine, Patrick, Terence, all the cops.
    ??: Nidge, Siobhan, Fran.

Add Deano, Packy and Siobhan to the dead list too, she looked pretty dead to me.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement