Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax S7-A Steam Mop + free accessory kit €49.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

Been following this BA since the start. Plenty of stock. Just reserved one.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Showing out of stock for me too. What stores do you see it as available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭mckildare

Maybe it's this one that the people have been reserving now. Appears to be the same one with extras for an additional 1 euro. I reserved one too :D

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX+S7.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TommyTheGun

mckildare wrote: »
    Maybe it's this one that the people have been reserving now. Appears to be the same one with extras for an additional 1 euro. I reserved one too :D

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX+S7.htm

Anybody know if there's a difference in the one above to the OP's original post :
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=2675859&authToken=

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Anybody know if there's a difference in the one above to the OP's original post :

can't figure it out either myself! if someone could enlighten me, pay day and I'm itching to spend and reviews on this sound good. gone be the days all money was for boozing :-D

• Advertisement

mckildare wrote: »

Fantastic. The website keeps crashing though, just reserved by text (hopefully).

Nope...the price has just gone up to €233!

Well that's embarrassing....the price is 38, I had about 8 in my cart!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tadhgluis

What stores are you reserving Vax mop in? I can't find any availability.
    Thanks

Just reserved it for collection, bit of a palaver with the website though.

It's available for collection in Nutgrove and Tallaght and probably others as well.

Nope...the price has just gone up to €233!

Well that's embarrassing....the price is 38, I had about 8 in my cart!

:D

Just reserved it for collection, bit of a palaver with the website though.

the one for 38 or 39?

• Advertisement

The one for 38.99

The website kept saying that they had a v high volume of visitors etc... anyhoo done. Collecting it on Thurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Have reservation for 37.99 and 38.99....whats the difference ??

Not 100% but it looks like the one for 38.99 has a load of accessories, also it doesn't mention that there's a hand held cleaner whereas the 37 one does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭RayCon

tharmor wrote: »
    Have reservation for 37.99 and 38.99....whats the difference ??

€1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Philip7304

Looks like the A+ has a compact scrub brush built into the base..

Well worth the extra 1euro...Unable to post link.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Just a heads up, what appears to be a more tricked out model, the S86-SF-C, is going for £55 on amazon. Listed as €250 on Argos.ie:eek:http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00INYLONC?ie=UTF8&camp=3194&creative=21330&creativeASIN=B00INYLONC&linkCode=shr&tag=iridea06-21&linkId=HLOLQ6XYCXPXYDBC&mid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=0ECGTD5STVW9TX2MZEVA&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=560250667
    61t7TO3L0uL._SL1500_.jpg
    I picked up the the model from the OP post a couple of weeks ago, pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I was given that model today too. The reviews on Argos uk look good for that one too but not sure whether to keep it or not.

RayCon wrote: »
    €1

Wow maths improving in our country....

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Did anyone here collected the right model? I ordered the s7 in waterford and got s86 mcc instead but can't find it on the vax website? I haven't opened the box yet as not sure if I'll return it and trying to reserve the vac s7 a+ but seems to be out of stock too.

Will there be a big difference between the s7 and s86 mcc? Looked at humid and they seems to got the s7a+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I heard this mop was 39 euro recently in Argos ... Doh ! but is sold out now at that price.

• Advertisement

I heard this mop was 39 euro recently in Argos ... Doh ! but is sold out now at that price.

£30 on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Steam-Mop-S7-Handheld/dp/B00DUVNYIQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1417337853&sr=1-1&keywords=vax+s7-a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

angelmum wrote: »
    Did anyone here collected the right model? I ordered the s7 in waterford and got s86 mcc instead but can't find it on the vax website? I haven't opened the box yet as not sure if I'll return it and trying to reserve the vac s7 a+ but seems to be out of stock too.

Will there be a big difference between the s7 and s86 mcc? Looked at humid and they seems to got the s7a+

I questioned it at the till. They went back into the warehouse for a bit and came back out and said the s86 is the same spec. I told them I hope so and that they're not trying to fob off something cheap! Haven't the time to compare yet or use it but end of the day I got a vax steam mop for 38 euro and the receipt states I need to call back for accessory kit as it's out of stock.

From looking online the spec seems much the same. They sell the s86 for £199 on Argos uk, although both that and s7 are only around £50 on Amazon!
    Think I'll just keep mine.
    Also, on my s86 box it shows a picture of the accessories kit so I'm assuming it's all in the box, haven't opened it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

sillysocks wrote: »
    From looking online the spec seems much the same. They sell the s86 for £199 on Argos uk, although both that and s7 are only around £50 on Amazon!
    Think I'll just keep mine.
    Also, on my s86 box it shows a picture of the accessories kit so I'm assuming it's all in the box, haven't opened it yet.

Yeah the accessories kit is in the box....but I was still told to call back during the week to collect an accessories kit too....

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

The difference between the Vax we all thought we were getting and the actual steam mop is that one(s7) cleans all surfaces ie. carpets and the other just cleans hard surfaces(with some exceptions)

No the s86 has an accessory for doing carpets and all surfaces too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Don't see much difference between the two,the one we got does have the accessory to clean carpets as stated above ...a neighbour has the original model and the only difference I think is the size of the water tank..

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Thanks everyone for the clarification. Might open my one later one and try just very hesitant to open last night in case there's a big difference between the two. Argos told me to come back after two weeks for the free accessory

I've just used mine and it seems good. Used a Hoover style steam cleaner before and it was too big and awkward and took ten mins to heat up. This one heated in about 30 seconds, did and was very easy to use, seemed to make light work of the floors. Didn't try it with anything else yet. Happy with it for the price! Loads of extra bits and pieces in the box, but haven't used them.

• Advertisement

Actually my only complaint is the handle isn't very high and I don't think it extends. I'm quite small and still found it low so imagine for taller people it'd be worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

Great bargain folks. Thanks for the heads up. tonight we dine from the floor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

hi ref to vax steam mop,,,,,,tried most of the stores,not in anywhere

Try in the morn, someone may have not picked theirs up. Out of stock the last few days but one popped up this morning in my local one. Got it earlier. Back in the good books :)

I have a spare reservation for the 38.99 one linked earlier in this thread for Waterford if anyone wants it. It said it wouldn't be ready for collection until Thurs/fri I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭corks finest

Try in the morn, someone may have not picked theirs up. Out of stock the last few days but one popped up this morning in my local one. Got it earlier. Back in the good books :)

Will do 😊,great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Penny1996

sillysocks wrote: »
    I have a spare reservation for the 38.99 one linked earlier in this thread for Waterford if anyone wants it. It said it wouldn't be ready for collection until Thurs/fri I think.

Hi sillysocks - if you still have the code I would be interested!! My daughter goes to college there I could ask her to collect it for me. Thanks.

Penny1996 wrote: »
    Hi sillysocks - if you still have the code I would be interested!! My daughter goes to college there I could ask her to collect it for me. Thanks.

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

used mine, works a treat. and the accessories are in the box plus argos said come back for them. so good deal.even if i got given the non s7 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

For anyone waiting on the accessory pack, I was told it is a discontinued item and could not be ordered in so don't hold your breath. Apparently I got the last one in the country last weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

I have a spare reservation code for Cork for tonight if anyone wants it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

4 left in Wexford after I have reserved mine !

Anybody got collection sms ?? I had reserved for collection but nothing yet....

I had a reservation for waterford and got the text this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

tharmor wrote: »
    Anybody got collection sms ?? I had reserved for collection but nothing yet....

I never received the collection SMS, but it was there for collection on the day I was told it would be.

caycro wrote: »
    I never received the collection SMS, but it was there for collection on the day I was told it would be.

I am told available from wednesday to thursday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Back up to almost €80 :(

athtrasna wrote:
    Back up to almost €80 

up to hundred today. but if you show them the reservation email confirming the price you reserved it at and it's within the reservation time then you should get it at price it was reserved at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

VandC wrote: »
    up to hundred today. but if you show them the reservation email confirming the price you reserved it at and it's within the reservation time then you should get it at price it was reserved at

Alas it was out of stock before I found this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I ordered online Saturday, was told it would be ready for collection between Thursday and Saturday......entered mobile and email and received reservation email but no text. Heading in now to collect, go to print the reservation email and notice there is no Fuping reservation information on it, just details on how to collect and store details.....any ideas? any one else experience this?
    thanks in advance

I ordered online Saturday, was told it would be ready for collection between Thursday and Saturday......entered mobile and email and received reservation email but no text. Heading in now to collect, go to print the reservation email and notice there is no Fuping reservation information on it, just details on how to collect and store details.....any ideas? any one else experience this?
    thanks in advance

Wait till friday else goto store on saturday. I got my text while i was in store today :) !!

Very happy with the purchase...was told to give 99 but i showed email and paid 39.....used it just to check on my carpet and bit of laminate floor....went well !!

The S7+ has 3 extra pro pads, 1 extra attachement for BBQ and macro base(you can remove the bigger base foot and make it smaller to suit your needs) !!

Also check if its in stock in the store if you are going to collect without SMS confirmation !! :) !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement