Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax S7-A Steam Mop + free accessory kit €49.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Looks like the stuff I got in my box, but are people doubling up on the packs eg. getting 4 pads instead of 2?

I don't really consider pack ins from the manufacturer to be Argos "Special Offers"!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Good deal, I might buy one for my friend as well, she has a cleaning addiction :-)

Seriously though, I do already have one, they are great, about 20 secs to heat up is correct and great results on tiles, bathrooms, around the kitchen. Accessory pack did come in the box so it should be part of the deal I reckon
    Havnt tried it on carpet though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

The other model which has gone up in price has a special offer of the same pack for half price! I doubt very much if €50 of accessories is included but if anyone managed to get it thrown in good luck to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I would be interesting to see are we all getting the same machine. A few people posted above that they went to pick this up from Argos and instead of getting the Vax S7-A Steam Mop they got the Vax S86-MC-C Multi Clean Complete. I got the latter one, even though I reserved the S7-A. The S86-MC-C comes with the accessory kit in the box, I'd be interested to see which model someone who didn't get the accessory kit got.

I have attached a section of the manual that shows the everything that came in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I would be interesting to see are we all getting the same machine. A few people posted above that they went to pick this up from Argos and instead of getting the Vax S7-A Steam Mop they got the Vax S86-MC-C Multi Clean Complete. I got the latter one, even though I reserved the S7-A. The S86-MC-C comes with the accessory kit in the box, I'd be interested to see which model someone who didn't get the accessory kit got.

I have attached a section of the manual that shows the everything that came in the box.

I'm heading now to collect mine but I'm wondering which one I should be expecting ? Can any one see if there is a difference between them, in addition to the accessory pack issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

I just collected mine in Castlebar and it's the Multi Clean S86 rather than the one I ordered and seems to have all the accessories. Already fired it up and seems to be pretty good. OP, I salute you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I collected mine today in Dun Laoghaire, I reserved it and when in store I put the reservation number on the piece of paper along with 257/4273 and checked with them that 257/4273 was included, I paid €49.99 and got the receipt with two separate item numbers and got 2 different boxes, one was the S86 and the other just a brown box, I haven't had a chance to look at them yet but can post back later if anyone here is doubtful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I reread the advert ... and clicked on the ''special offers'' tab
    Free accessory kit with the Vax S7A Steam Mop. Offer available in pack. Offer ends 17 January 2015.

'In pack' appears to be the key words. Anyone who got a separate pack on top of that , well what can I say . Lucky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭konline

can someone take a photo of their accessory pack and post it ? I'll be in a position later on to do the same about the stuff included inside my box.

Here is the accessory pack + S86-MC-C Steam Mop I got. I just want this for cleaning Carpets, I haven't tried it yet.

Thank you OP.

• Advertisement

I'll have a look later and take a photo of the mop box contents and then the brown box contents :)

konline wrote: »
    Here is the accessory pack + S86-MC-C Steam Mop I got. I just want this for cleaning Carpets, I haven't tried it yet.

Thank you OP.

so you got another box thrown in with the mop box ?

The code on the small box in your photo leads to this http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=2574273&authToken=

But you also have the accessories inside the box too [which are pictured on the mop box] ? If so thats a fantastic outcome for you.

was the extra brown box mentioned on the receipt ? if they genuinely are supposed to give them out then my only chance is to take my receipt back to Argos I think... but back to a store where they have that policy of giving out the extra box

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

statto25 wrote:
    I just collected mine in Castlebar and it's the Multi Clean S86 rather than the one I ordered and seems to have all the accessories. Already fired it up and seems to be pretty good. OP, I salute you!

Me too:-)

Ok, here's everything unpacked. The boxes on top of the brown box are what was inside and the contents in the big box are what came in the S86 box.

So now I have 5 cleaning pads and 2 of every attachment, which is a complete waste. There's 3 pads included in the main box and almost every attachment too. I Think there's one extra in the brown box, the one on the top right, closest to the item number on the brown box doesn't seem to be in the S86 box.

4YJScx_thumb.jpg
    (Click to enlarge)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Does it clean carpet ?? Anyone tried ??

This is what I got inside the box plus 3 of those purple floor cleaning pads in total.

• Advertisement

It is being announced as a special offer ... free accessory kit .... but I really think if it's in the box, it's not a special offer. Surely you need all those parts to use the cleaner as advertised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭RayCon

This is what I got inside the box plus 3 of those purple floor cleaning pads in total.

ditto

tharmor wrote: »
    Does it clean carpet ?? Anyone tried ??

There is a removable plastic bracket it sits and slides on which elevates the steam above the carpet without coming directly in contact with the pad. I think it ''refreshes the carpet'' is the claim.
    I havent tried it yet. I have seen this type of feature on other brands too- a sliding connection for carpets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭eeimcaw

I got the mop in athlone. Accessory kit was out of stock so have to go back in Monday to collect but it's free

Eughh, I'm not sure how good this is quality wise folks, the microfibre pads aren't sticking at all, even if you press them firmly into the head, a few shakes and they'll fall right off. Also the steam deployment seems inconsistent and I'm not sure yet if it's affected by the angle at which you hold the unit. Has anyone tested theirs?

• Advertisement

mine works just fine. no complaints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I reserved the 49.99 one. Which is the best ?

Same here I ordered the one thats linked in the op, Vax S7-A. In the email its listed as €49.99 but now on the link its back up to €67.99. Anyone know what price they will charge and is that the right one with the extra box (pack)

Edit: Just noticed on earlier posts that ppl got the Multi Clean S86 as opposed to the ordered one S7-A. I guess its a pot luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Showing as €68 now.

Thanks OP, picked mine up last night as the shop was closing .... saved €18 overnight !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I got the S86-MC-C instead of the advertied S7 which came with everything so I'm happy.

"Was €209".. Really?

Can somebody please check this video and let me know if there's is the same with regards to steam power and consistency and then adhesion of the cleaning pad with the head? I'm not impressed with either on mine..

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

That looks faulty to me mate, bring it back. Mine has powerful jets of steam flying out of it which would take the skin off your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

cormie hi that sounds air locked take out the filter and blow through it that happened me at the start too and is perfect since .the pads I got are really sticky never moved or fell off if you're aren't sticking and clearing the filter does not solve your problem I would return the mop. hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gone up to €68 now,I thought I had one reserved but somehow messed up & it was simply added to my cart.I declined taking it for the €68 & then saw somebody else picking up theirs (another boardsie?)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Just picked mine up in Drogheda and got it for 49.99 on showing the email confirmation. I will also get a text when accessory pack is in stock to collect it for free.
    I have tried mine out and so far am most impressed with window cleaning. Pads stick perfectly and loads of steam.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I got a replacement and it seems the exact same, pads come off with very little effort and steam doesn't seem consistent or too powerful either. Maybe it's just the way it is and I was expecting too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

Cormie, make sure the water inlet hose is in the water, same happened to me yesterday, hose flipped around when using it as handheld. Pads are not that sticky on mine, but do stay in place when cleaning. Thanks to op for the find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

just picked up mine in Liffey valley. is the accessories kit completely seperate to the box?i just got the box the mop is in. they said they couldn't find the number or something and the kit is included in the box. seems like they were fobbing me off a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

Hi all, just opened mine now and it seems faulty....there's no steam coming out at all, got 2 squirts. Took things out and put back in again in case but still nothing. I was looking forward to testing it :( will I just send it back? Anyone else have that problem? Thanks for bargain alert all the same!

cormie wrote: »
    "Was €209".. Really?

Can somebody please check this video and let me know if there's is the same with regards to steam power and consistency and then adhesion of the cleaning pad with the head? I'm not impressed with either on mine..

Mine works a million times better than this. My pads stick on too... In fact its performing at least as good as my old JML steamshark

what are the chances of you getting two malfunctioned ones in a row ? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Mine has very powerful steam and the pads stick like they should,not at all like the video. That unit looks faulty to me.

Thanks for the replies, I tested again, trying to make sure that little ball is always emerged in water and it seems like it may be working better?! The pads still suck in terms of stickyness though. Would anyone be interested in going to the effort of publishing how well their pads stick and how hard they are to get off? I mean the instructions say you should put your foot on the side of he pad and lift the mop to remove it, there's no way that much effort is needed, unless that's just to keep your hands clean or less risk of getting steamed on from the after post steam exhales :o

I haven't actually tested it as a mop yet, I'm doing most of my testing with the handheld, holding it at all angles.

I was kind of expecting steam to come out with a spray you'd see from a power washer..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Offer over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

It is like a pressure washer. I had no problem cleaning a bbq with mine and I do have to stand on the side of the pad and pull the machine up off it.

• Advertisement

Would anyone be interested in going to the effort of publishing how well their pads stick and how hard they are to get off?

I'd love to do that now for you but mine is packed away now after cleaning my whole house with it. Grout on the tiles of the bathroom etc came up white. Some things came up shiny that were never shiny before. Now the pads are for the laundry and the steamer is packed away. Next time its being used I'll try to remember.

Ah here, I couldn't have got 2 dodgy ones in a row, could I? I mean the pads especially make me wonder, they come off so easy.

That would be cool masculinist if you remember and it's not too much effort :)

Ah here, I couldn't have got 2 dodgy ones in a row, could I? I mean the pads especially make me wonder, they come off so easy.

That would be cool masculinist if you remember and it's not too much effort :)

'Cormie'... I thought your user name sounded familiar. if you use that name everywhere ... then I think I picked up something from you in Dun Laoghire a few years ago when you were moving out of there. I cant remember if it was from adverts or jumbletown or some other site... small world :pac: or maybe it wasnt you lol

That would have been me alright, I use the same username on jumbletown and adverts, but I wasn't moving out, I'm still here :pac: What was it you picked up?

That would have been me alright, I use the same username on jumbletown and adverts, but I wasn't moving out, I'm still here :pac: What was it you picked up?

something you gave away for free that wasn't worth the cost of the Dart fare :pac:

Haha, sounds familiar :)

One of the main reasons I bought this was to actually try kill off dust mites around my place, but I just did a bit of googling and saw:
    "Vacuum or clean the bedroom floor regularly. Use a vacuum cleaner with a good filter (this removes the mite and prevents small particles coming out through the vacuum exhaust). Domestic steam carpet cleaners have no effect on house dust mite populations. Indeed, increasing the moisture content of the carpet can increase numbers. However, high temperature professional steam cleaning can kill the mites and stop the droppings from causing allergic problems."

Another page had:
    Steam clean regularly. Dust mites cannot survive a steam cleaning. However, moisture accumulated in carpet padding provides an ideal environment for dust mites to thrive, so consider dry cleaning methods. [3]

The VAX is advertised as being able to kill off dust mites so I hope it's of the professional grade mentioned above. I guess it's just a case of ensuring I cover the areas I'm cleaning enough to ensure the heat kills them but it doesn't allow too much moisture build up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Have to say having mixed results with mine as well. Very hit and miss.
    Constantly gurgles and splutters, cant find the right angle to get it to work 'properly' using as a handheld with the pointy attachment.

Sounds the same as my experience :( How are your pads holding on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Sounds the same as my experience :( How are your pads holding on?

Havent got as far as putting the wings on. Didnt see any instructions and was still at Level 1 of Is this really what I thought it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Havent got as far as putting the wings on. Didnt see any instructions and was still at Level 1 of Is this really what I thought it was.

It's Argos so you can always return it no questions (that you have to answer) asked.

One of the main reasons I bought this was to actually try kill off dust mites around my place, but I just did a bit of googling and saw:

Just be aware that if you have a memory foam mattress, it probably wont have dustmites. [if you dont then I highly recommend someone on adverts who sell them cheap]
    Also a memory foam mattress should not be made wet as it can be practically impossible to dry due to all the pores/tiny holes

bromley52 wrote: »
    It's Argos so you can always return it no questions (that you have to answer) asked.

This is true. They have a policy of no questions asked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement