Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax S7-A Steam Mop + free accessory kit €49.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

have this steam mop OP its brilliant . highly recommended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ablelocks

we have the S2 floor only version and find it good - how do you find it as a handheld? tempted to get this for the 2in1 option...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Can i use it to clean carpet ?

hi the handheld is brilliant loads of different sized nozzles to get into nooks and Cranny's only issue is that its heavy enough so ud be tired of lifting it after a while. it does clean carpets but I can't comment on that as I have none! have cleaned my car seats with great results . I paid 100.00 Euros for this earlier this yr so this price is a bargain. get it you won't be disappointed !

hi the handheld is brilliant loads of different sized nozzles to get into nooks and Cranny's only issue is that its heavy enough so ud be tired of lifting it after a while. it does clean carpets but I can't comment on that as I have none! have cleaned my car seats with great results . I paid 100.00 Euros for this earlier this yr so this price is a bargain. get it you won't be disappointed !

£39 and free delivery on amazon !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 johnobertie2

Are they something that gets used a lot if you already have a vacuum and mop?
    Will they clean a carpet?

Are they something that gets used a lot if you already have a vacuum and mop?
    Will they clean a carpet?

It says it can refresh the carpet....not sure though !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Perfect, need a new steam mop!

you won't use an ordinary mop again after using a steam mop there so much more hygienic and no need for any detergents saves money IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

tharmor wrote: »
    £39 and free delivery on amazon !!

That's €49 when you convert ... and easier return policy to a local bricks & mortar shop. (IMHO)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Thanks OP, just reserved. Over 5 left in Athlone....

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Thanks OP, looks like a great find.
    Anyone know if it has an appliance energy efficiency rating? Gave it a google but couldn't find anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

could you freshen up your jocks with one of these if you were heading out for the night?

or would you have to take them off first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

could you freshen up your jocks with one of these if you were heading out for the night?

or would you have to take them off first?

Depends which attachment you would use, you might get away without too many 3rd degree burns:D

I'd say take em off first or ud be a different kind of steamed dat night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Thanks just reserved in navan - 5 left

I like the juxstopostion of these two posts

Picked one up anyway, working well and seems like a bargain.
    Trying to convince myself it's cooler than it is, squint hard enough and there's a bit of R2-D2 in there...
    r2d2.png
    Vax-S7-A-Total-Home-Master-Steam-Mop~59T631FRSP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Got one from argos but it says s86 mc c on the box any one else have this

Got one from argos but it says s86 mc c on the box any one else have this

Yes, now you mention it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I've reserved one too, would love to know the difference between models before I collect ! I've checked the vax website but they don't sell an mc c there.

I dont know to be honest. I havent opened it yet. I looked up the s86 mc c and we were looking for one that cleans carpets and while the box says nothing about carpets a website http://www.very.co.uk/vax-s86-ccm-3-2-in-1-steam-mop/1337973037.prd seems to have sit it and it says it cleans carpets. If anyone has one and has opened it and the box has s86 mc c can you give a short review or something thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I dont know to be honest. I havent opened it yet. I looked up the s86 mc c and we were looking for one that cleans carpets and while the box says nothing about carpets a website http://www.very.co.uk/vax-s86-ccm-3-2-in-1-steam-mop/1337973037.prd seems to have sit it and it says it cleans carpets. If anyone has one and has opened it and the box has s86 mc c can you give a short review or something thank you

Got one today. Same code. Also concerned. Looked up web site and nothing found. Opened and no problem. Lots of little bits and carpet floater thing. Seems to be the right one.
    Used it a bit. Does the job.

MaceFace wrote: »
    Got one today. Same code. Also concerned. Looked up web site and nothing found. Opened and no problem. Lots of little bits and carpet floater thing. Seems to be the right one.
    Used it a bit. Does the job.

Cool thanks the two models on a google search look identical so will give it a go thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Concerning the Vax S7A Steam Mop for 49.99, I see Argos says they include a ''free'' 15 piece accessory kit. What is this referring to ? I cant seem to find anything about it . Is this like buying a new car and getting a free steering wheel thrown in ? The only photos which come up when I Google this accessory kit looks like stuff that should already come with it in the same way a car should come with a steering wheel and doors...

There is also another one the ''Home Vax S7-A+ 7-in-1 Total Home Master Steam Cleaner'' for 62.99 euro .

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1224603/Trail/searchtext%3EVAX+S7-A+STEAM+MOP.htm

Is this one any better ? what do you get for the extra 13 euro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How bulky are these things? Do you just get the one pad? Is it used with the cord at all times or is this just to heat it up initially and then it can be used cordless? Would it be any use for steaming a mattress to kill off dust mites I wonder?

EDIT: This answers most of my questions:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Got one of these a couple of months ago in Argos. €100. That's a great find op and the vax is the biz. Perfect for wood,tiles and carpet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PabD

Bought one of these yesterday (S86) and I am very happy with it as it leaves no streaks on the tiles. It heats up and is ready for use in about 15 seconds.
    It comes with lots of accessories in the box including 3 of the microfiber pads.

When I bought it the accessories pack was not in stock but they have ordered one in and will only take a few days to arrive. The code for the special offer accessories pack is 257/4273 so might be worth checking stock levels first.

• Advertisement

It says on the item page "ready to use in 20 min", but you mention 15 seconds above and the video says "ready to use in seconds". What's the 20 minutes about, or is that a typo?

I wonder if you were to steam a mattress, duvet and pillow to kill dust mites,would it soak them wet and they'd need to be left to dry for ages, or would a quick blast of steam do the job and be dry in a few minutes.

cormie wrote: »
    It says on the item page "ready to use in 20 min", but you mention 15 seconds above and the video says "ready to use in seconds". What's the 20 minutes about, or is that a typo?

I wonder if you were to steam a mattress, duvet and pillow to kill dust mites,would it soak them wet and they'd need to be left to dry for ages, or would a quick blast of steam do the job and be dry in a few minutes.

It might be a typo I’m not too sure. When I filled it with cool tap water last night and plugged it in the lights indicated that it was ready after about 15-20seconds. Once I pressed the button steam came out so no issues there. I don’t think it would be practical to wait 20min for it to heat up.

I’m sure you could use it on a mattress if you wanted. It would leave it slightly damp and would dry fairly quickly in a warm house.
    Remember the water tank is only 400ml so it’s not like you are soaking the mattress with litres of water.

Thanks, so when it says it has 15 minutes of steam, that's just 26mm per minute it emits? Haha, getting very technical here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Any thoughts on using this on a hardwood floor? It says it should be ok on a treated hardwood floor. We have an oak floor. It's treated in some way, but not sure what was used. It's definitely not bare oak anyway, but not as shiny as some polishes.
    Also, would it be any use on mildew on the grout of bathroom tiles?

Any thoughts on using this on a hardwood floor? It says it should be ok on a treated hardwood floor. We have an oak floor. It's treated in some way, but not sure what was used. It's definitely not bare oak anyway, but not as shiny as some polishes.
    Also, would it be any use on mildew on the grout of bathroom tiles?

Also used it on a solid oak floor yesterday. Didn’t notice any difference to using a normal mop except it was a bit quicker and simpler I suppose.
    I think it mentions in the instructions to keep moving the steamer when using on a wooden floor to prevent damage which makes sense.

I have used a different steamer in the past (very similar to the VAX) to remove mildew from grout. I find the best method is to give it a light blast of steam to wet the surface a little, then go over the surface of the grout very very slowly while holding the tip if the steamer only a few mm away. I used this method before and the bathroom looked like new. It is very slow to get the grout back to a nice bright white but then the grout was a dark green colour. Don’t be fooled by the TV ad’s where they just blast over it and in seconds it looks like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 damobirdie

just bought one in liffey valley and the accessory kit alone which you get free is €50:99. Brillant offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

What is in the accessory pack? They didn't have one available so have to go back to collect, just want to make sure it is worth the trip!!

So far, happy with the mop, I did my floors last night and very please with how they came up. Off to do the bathrooms now....happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Herself is collecting ours today, I think I'll set it up and let her try it out this evening, while I get some gaming time in LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭ablelocks

PabD wrote: »
    Also used it on a solid oak floor yesterday. Didn’t notice any difference to using a normal mop except it was a bit quicker and simpler I suppose.
    I think it mentions in the instructions to keep moving the steamer when using on a wooden floor to prevent damage which makes sense.

I have used a different steamer in the past (very similar to the VAX) to remove mildew from grout. I find the best method is to give it a light blast of steam to wet the surface a little, then go over the surface of the grout very very slowly while holding the tip if the steamer only a few mm away. I used this method before and the bathroom looked like new. It is very slow to get the grout back to a nice bright white but then the grout was a dark green colour. Don’t be fooled by the TV ad’s where they just blast over it and in seconds it looks like new.

tip for grout - mix vinegar and baking soda and apply to grout. leave for 15-30 mins. come back and steam.

I'm assuming this would be ok to use on shower door glass and the likes and wouldn't crack it with the heat?

You know there's room for improvement with your life when you've made 4 posts on a thread about a mop :(

I reserved the 49.99 one. Which is the best ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I picked up one of these today and didn't get a separate accessory pack but there is a picture of an accessory kit on the box and a plastic bag inside with loads of attachments. Is this the kit everyone is mentioning or should I have gotten something else?

Edit: actually, I've had a look at the special offers details of the original page and it says "Free accessory kit with the Vax S7A Steam Mop. Offer available in pack", so that explains that.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I picked up one of these today and didn't get a separate accessory pack but there is a picture of an accessory kit on the box and a plastic bag inside with loads of attachments. Is this the kit everyone is mentioning or should I have gotten something else?

Edit: actually, I've had a look at the special offers details of the original page and it says "Free accessory kit with the Vax S7A Steam Mop. Offer available in pack", so that explains that.

I didn't receive the extra pack, just the one in the box like you mentioned, but when I was picking it up they mentioned that it was out of stock and would be available to pick up with my receipt next Monday. I won't find out until then if there is any difference or not. The accessories included seem to come as standard so maybe there it is something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

I've reserved one but still hesitating. The accessory pack 257/4273 includes extra pads and special fixtures for different applications. Is that in the box?

I picked up one today. If I can sell my old steamshark for 10 euro its a clever upgrade for small cash.

Now ... Argos bumped up the price of the other model to 89 euro so I didnt even bother to look at it in store.

The 15 piece accessory pack is inside the box apparently. Is this the same for everyone else ? Anyone got a photo of this accessory pack ? Can you buy it separately so I know I was told the truth ?I don't blame Argos staff so much because they sell such a divergent set of items, no amount of training can teach part time or transient staff about every single temporary product difference and keep their knowledge of same up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Hmm, I got one yesterday and it didn't come with an accessory pack. Just the mop and the packed in attachments with 2 mop heads.

No one mentioned anything about a pack, but I did see it on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

I purchased one of these today and was told to come back from next Sat to collect the accessory pack as they are out of stock. I reckon the pack is the same as the one that is included in the box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just collect one in Blanchardstown, the girl at the till never mentioned it free accessory pack. When I asked at collection they said it's in the box (ITS NOT).

Back to the tills and the girl said they are out of stock until Saturday so she reserved me one and I've to collect then... She also wrote FREE across the top and signed it.

can someone take a photo of their accessory pack and post it ? I'll be in a position later on to do the same about the stuff included inside my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Better check my box when I get home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement