Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vax S7-A Steam Mop + free accessory kit €49.99 @ Argos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm only on a dodgy sofa bed at the moment, I long for something of a bit more luxury but need somewhere to put it first, my place is small.

acquiescefc, I had that same "why did I bother buying this" feeling, even before I plugged it in, just seeing all the ****e that comes with it, I like things simple :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

i picked it up this morning. got it for 49.99 as per my reserve number.

They gave me the VAX S86-MC-C instead of S7

I'm not too sure if this is good or bad, considering this specific model doesn't seem to
    exist on the vax website, although there is an S86-SF-C and an S86-SF-B & T Models

http://www.vax.co.uk/steam-cleaners

anyone know the difference or is there any?

I asked for the accessory pack, they said none in stock but keep the receipt and collect when back in..

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

I am looking it up on the Argos site, but only special offer price is 67.99 accessory pack included, S7A
    Am I looking in wrong place, or offer is over? Still pretty cheap I guess

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Ordered Tuesday and just picked it up (got the S86 version). Seems to have all the swag inside.

The Mrs Dades' Christmas stocking will be bulging this year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

If I gave Mrs Bloat a steam mop for Christmas, I'd be served Christmas dinner through a tube in the hospital while they surgically remove the mop from where the sun don't shine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I concur ... although I dont mind getting power tools for x mas .... the missus doesnt even like it when I joke about getting her appliances for presents. And shes a chef who loves them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Slightly reduced to 64.99 now from the higher 67.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

adox wrote: »
    Slightly reduced to 64.99 now from the higher 67.99.

I think they got a bit greedy when they saw the sudden interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I concur ... although I dont mind getting power tools for x mas .... the missus doesnt even like it when I joke about getting her appliances for presents. And shes a chef who loves them.

I thought that most women like power tools:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I thought that most women like power tools:;)

they especially like someone who knows how to use them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I would be interesting to see are we all getting the same machine. A few people posted above that they went to pick this up from Argos and instead of getting the Vax S7-A Steam Mop they got the Vax S86-MC-C Multi Clean Complete. I got the latter one, even though I reserved the S7-A. The S86-MC-C comes with the accessory kit in the box, I'd be interested to see which model someone who didn't get the accessory kit got.

I have attached a section of the manual that shows the everything that came in the box.

I got the same yesterday. They told me the accessory pack was out of stock, but she marked my receipt and said check online and reserve and just show the receipt to get it free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

I got the same yesterday. They told me the accessory pack was out of stock, but she marked my receipt and said check online and reserve and just show the receipt to get it free.

I bought my mop last week and was told to collect bonus pack on Monday but store still showing no stock anywhere in Dublin. My reserve expires on Wednesday Anybody else manage to get their bonus pack after the fact?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

caycro wrote: »
    I bought my mop last week and was told to collect bonus pack on Monday but store still showing no stock anywhere in Dublin. My reserve expires on Wednesday Anybody else manage to get their bonus pack after the fact?

Yes... picked the pack up at the weekend, bought the mop earlier in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

Picked the pack up on Sunday with no problem, i bought the vax on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Creambun, what store did you collect the pack from

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

caycro wrote: »

Due to get mine tomorrow. Surely if they reserved it for you for a specific date, it will be ready for pick up on that date and not necessarily showing as available in the store for general purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cloyne man

I was told they would text me to collect the bonus pack. no text checked website. some in stock do i reserve it and go and show my receipt for sa-7 mop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Managed to reserve the accessory pack this morning. Its available in some stores now

Argos Stock Checker

YFCuhJQ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Thanks so much to the OP, I got my vax and the bonus pack this week. Great bargain alert !

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭creambun

kenkin wrote: »
    Creambun, what store did you collect the pack from

Sorry for delay in answering to busy steaming everything in site, i bought it in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

76 quid for this now... Bargain is well and truly gone... Rage... Well done to all that got it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

my steamer is not working. it seems to rumble alot and spit nothing out, only drops and very very little steam..
    happen to anyone else?

removed the filter internally and reseated. removed all water and filled back up..

any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Myself and someone else were having similar issues above, I replaced mine but the replacement seemed to be the same. I'm hoping somebody might be able to post a video of how theirs is working and see if it's the same, or if mine is actually defected AGAIN, or if I just had too high hopes for the power of the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

First time I used mine I had to run it for longer then usual to get it going properly
    First few times I tried to start it up I stopped, thinking something was wrong, as you said lots of splutters and not much steam
    Eventually I just ran it for those few mins and it evened up and began running as it should
    No probs since and it just takes about 20 secs to warm up everytime from then

Maybe they tend to be a bit rough on first start up only, have other people had same experience maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Rather than start a new thread

This is now €37.99
    It is listed on the Argos Black Friday deals page

I think the price is only until Monday 1st December
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2675859.htm?mvt=ps:black-friday:steammop

all stores showing 5+stock

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Kneelson

all stores showing 5+stock[/quote]

whoops!!

anyway, to all of you that bought n tried it.. is it any good???

whoops!!

whoops!!

• Advertisement

nice reserved mine

whats the skinny on the special offer of accessory kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Damn... even cheaper now...

My wife used it the other day and said it was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Ordered one for the house and another for a relative. This is a very good deal altogether.
    I'm not going to hog them all, but if there are more on Sunday (left over), I'll buy loads.

The family will all be getting one.
    Here's to a clean 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭foreman

this morning at 9.30
    got 1 and threw it in the spare room !!!!
    will fly out the door at that price

foreman wrote: »
    this morning at 9.30
    got 1 and threw it in the spare room !!!!
    will fly out the door at that price

accessory pack included?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭twinex

Warning, the ones in Clonmel Argos are NOT the S7-A. Its a cheaper model. Be Warned and check the discription on the box!

twinex wrote: »
    Warning, the ones in Clonmel Argos are NOT the S7-A. Its a cheaper model. Be Warned and check the discription on the box!

Yea the one I got is not s7-a... Is there much difference???

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ODriscoll

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Yea the one I got is not s7-a... Is there much difference???

What model does your vax box state on it?

The one I have also a different model. Someone picked it up for me, just asked and it is a S86-MC-C

Anyone know if this is a lower spec model to S7A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Just to clear up confusion, apparently the different model does make sense. Tallaght told me that the Argos code makes the difference. Also, that the accessories are in the box and that they've not updated the website.

• Advertisement

Not sure

The S86-MC-C has a 2 litre capacity according to the vax website.

A Better spec possibly or older better spec, but not much more info I can see at present online of model comparison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Can anyone comment if it works well on the carpet please ???

Need it for carpet if it works well on it :)!

ODriscoll wrote: »
    The one I have also a different model. Someone picked it up for me, just asked and it is a S86-MC-C

Anyone know if this is a lower spec model to S7A
    Yea got the same as... Hopefully it's good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Used on a stain on carpet in child's bedroom,lifted stain no problem but now have a very clean spot in middle of room.. :o
    I have used on landing carpet and does the job ok not as good as a wet and dry vacuum but you would notice the difference ....I have also cleaned curtains with it and does a great job cleaning wall tiles in bathroom ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

harr wrote: »
    Used on a stain on carpet in child's bedroom,lifted stain no problem but now have a very clean spot in middle of room.. :o
    I have used on landing carpet and does the job ok not as good as a wet and dry vacuum but you would notice the difference ....I have also cleaned curtains with it and does a great job cleaning wall tiles in bathroom ..
    Grand i would not mind cleaning entire room ;) !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Could"nt order all day, site down so if anyone has a Galway code they dont want. Please pm me.

Looks like a sold out item nationwide according to checkargos.
    You might find someone brings one back this weekend.

I expect this is no use to yourself Sorry, but

I may have one at Mahon Point Cork reserved that becomes free, wont know until I get a answer from the person reserved for after lunch today.

If it is possibly of use to yourself, someone could pick up for you or what ever, let me know and I will make sure to let you have the number if free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

ODriscoll wrote: »
    Looks like a sold out item nationwide according to checkargos.
    You might find someone brings one back this weekend.

I expect this is no use to yourself Sorry, but

I may have one at Mahon Point Cork reserved that becomes free, wont know until I get a answer from the person reserved for after lunch today.

If it is possibly of use to yourself, someone could pick up for you or what ever, let me know and I will make sure to let you have the number if free.

May also come back in stock close of business sat as people who reserved on line yesterday don't collect. Unlikely to be Black Friday price

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Plenty in stock. Just reserved one. For 39 euro is a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

kisugem wrote: »
    Plenty in stock. Just reserved one. For 39 euro is a bargain!

Showing out of stock across the country for me

Advertisement