Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Met a girl, not sure what to think

Options
  • 20-05-2015 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in South America and I matched with a girl on Tinder. We met up and got drinks earlier tonight and we had a great time - I was laughing, she was laughing and we had fun. Here's the thing - I've only been learning Spanish for a few months so it's pretty basic and she speaks absolutely no English. We were able to understand each other though and the language barrier wasn't really a problem.

I walked her back to her apartment and on the way there I asked her if she'd like to meet up again and she said she would like that. So we're going to meet up again next week (I'm leaving for a few days tomorrow). Once we reached her apartment I tried to kiss her goodbye and she turned the cheek. Now I should mention that she did the same earlier in the bar too but I just decided to assume that maybe she didn't want to kiss me in front of people (I dunno some girls are like that).

This is where I'm confused: we held hands the entire way walk to her apartment, we had fun, she said she'd like to see me again - all positive things right? (That's why I thought I should try kiss her again) So why turn away like that? Am I right in assuming the worst here or can some people maybe give me an alternate viewpoint?

Right after she did that she then told me to send her a WhatsApp about meeting up next week. Is it worth me asking her directly if it's a date next week or not? I like her, she's cute and fun and I would like to date her but at the same I really don't know many people here at all and I could do with some friends so I would be open to having her as a 'friend'. I'm not sure how to go about this really. Any advice? Her turning the cheek would seem like she's not interested but then why immediately bring up the 2nd date after that?

TL;DR: met a girl on Tinder, language barrier but we could understand each other and had fun, tried to kiss her twice and she rejected me but wants to meet up again. Not sure where I stand.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

She, like most women, would rather her date didn't lob the gob within 5 minutes of meeting her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Might be a cultural thing too. Maybe even something like a proper kiss isn't until the 2nd, 3rd meet up, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Not kissing on the first date isn't that unusual.

Also, it would depend on which South American country you are in. Some countries are more liberal in their view of dating than others. If you are in a country like Bolivia, I would urge you to do some research and don't be 'that guy' and mess with a girl just because you can't be bothered to look into the culture more.

Advertisement