Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrestrial TV in Cork

Options
  • 02-04-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi

Just looking for a bit of advice.
    Is it possible to receive the UK channels via aerial and Mpeg4 Saorview TV in Ballinspittle Co Cork?

I can receive the Irish channels via a very small aerial but i am wondering if i upgraded to a bigger aerial and booster is it at all possible to get the UK channels or are they too far out of range?

Has anyone done or tried this?

I would like to find out before i buy the equipment :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

why not get a freesat satellite receiver and good quality satellite dish,this will give you lost of uk channels with consistent reliable reception,
    we used to get occasional uk reception with a large aerial and amplifiers along the coast in west cork during the summer and during high pressure however you could not rely on the reception,
    freesat really is the best option down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Edgey75

i agree with pegasuspub freesat is the best option, its cheap enough imo and you get a fair wack of decent channels, just make sure to set favourites up so you dont have to see those annoying "sexy babe channels"

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

No chance to get reliable UK channels reception via terrestrial aerial in Cork, but as the lads say Freesat gives you almost the same service, and still for free. I have a Panasonic TV with Saorview and Freesat tuners, so no boxes and one remote, plus no bills. Magic!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

There used to be a deflector in the area broadcasting the UK channels but the chances of it being on the air now are slim to none, so a combi FTA sat/UHF aerial. As you have the UHF part of it sorted all you need to sort is the satellite part

Advertisement