Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Radio 1 on 88.1

• 19-08-2014 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where Radio 1s 88.1 signal is originating from ? Its strong enough in Dublin to wipe BBC Radio 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rock Solid

I reckon its a pirate relay as there's no Rds and it locks on car radio in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rock Solid

I reckon its a pirate relay as there's no Rds and it locks on car radio in Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Rock Solid wrote: »

What's the logic behind this? Is it so another pirate doesn't take the frequency? And do they not run the same risk of getting caught relaying radio 1 as broadcasting their own stuff.

Sorry for all the questions, just curious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rock Solid wrote: »

There is RDS on the signal , there is nothing on the RTE website or NL website, its possibly coming from Kildare.

It would explain NRGs sudden exit from 88.1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any chance its a relay for North County Dublin to coindice with the launch of 98/104 on 97.4 & 103.1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

marno21 wrote: »
    Any chance its a relay for North County Dublin to coindice with the launch of 98/104 on 97.4 & 103.1?

Possibly though the reception pattern is unusual.

How there could be a blackspot for Radio 1 reception is questionable considering Claremont Cairn can be received clearly in the South East !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

If it's coming from Kildare it must be very low power or from a site that is blocked in my direction (the sticks) as i can receive both Nova on 100.5 and Galaxy.
    Just a thought but could it be eminating from Cookstown ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

marno21 wrote: »

I doubt that a filler for Balbriggan would be strong enough to lock on a radio in Clondalkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I get it in Kildare. Locks on no problem.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Does it have the EON flag set (Kippure doesn't & neither does Mt Leinster but the rest of the country does)

Does it have the PI 2201 ? (If you have a LP FM transmitter put it on 88.1 and see if it retunes to Kippure or Three Rock)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Car radio retunes to a stronger frequency after it picks up the RDS on 88.1.

Advertisement