Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louise McSharry in the evening

Options
  • 12-03-2014 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I think she is doing a solid job. An enormous improvement on the car crash voice tracking that used to go out at that time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I think you are wrong there, but it's your own opinion. I think she's very poor, and as much as the station is in disrepair, she's not brining much to the table.

Trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

I remember her breakfast show that was on iRadio around 4 years ago. Ridiculously condescending to people and a real attitude. You can see it coming out in the articles she writes for The Journal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yes. She does have a, sort of, complex with that. She's not a good radio talent.

Just read the articles about her (not by her) on The Journal. Even the comments don't paint her well. "How will she post pictures of cats on the radio... Memes...etc"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Turn the radio on

I like her accent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭prunudo

I remember her breakfast show that was on iRadio around 4 years ago. Ridiculously condescending to people and a real attitude. You can see it coming out in the articles she writes for The Journal also.

I heard her on the weekend breakfast about 6 months ago. A young lad text in saying how excited he was and that he was on a road trip with his dad and they'd love to hear acdc thunderstruck. Well she went a rant about how she hates the song and can't stand people who hop around dancing to acdc. Talk about raining on the young lads parade. After that I stopped listening, awful attitude and contempt to her listeners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

I wouldn't really rate her as a music jock and neither did the iradio listeners, to be fair she was ok when she stood in for Tubridy. As for her 'articles' for the journal.ie ,I'm not sure trawling through websites like buzzfeed for inspiration constitute journalism. 2fm is a state broadcaster, on which should be the country's best talent, none of 2fm's new personnel constitute particularly good talent nevermind the best,of course there's nothing new in this out in Donnybrook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

She seems to never be on her own slot, It's always some camp eejet filling in for her when i tune in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Louise is on with Tubs now, she's just been diagnosed with lymphoma. Brave girl going on air to talk about it so soon. Hope she's ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Yeah, just read that on thejournal.ie. She'll be off the air for the next few months apparently. Best of luck to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Didn't this show used to be a kind of a yoof chat show ? seems to just play niche music now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

Fanning's voice tracking actually had more listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

I hope she knows that like Nikki hayes and jenny huston, RTE will throw her under a bus too in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

I instantly turn off when I hear her.how difficult could it be for 2fm just to employ DJS that play good music cut out the crap talking.
    So many presenters/djs on 2fm are so poor that breakfast is a disgrace as for that Chris and ciara slot they were bad on I radio. Nothing has improved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Joe Duffy.

She just played a song about hard nipples called disco tits, I don't think it will make Larry's playlist somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone else listen to her show in the evenings much?

I've become a massive fan and go out of my way to catch it, especially on Sunday nights if possible.

She has minimal talk on it; it's 95% music

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

callaway92 wrote: »

I've become a massive fan and go out of my way to catch it, especially on Sunday nights if possible.

So there's no point of a presenter on the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

callaway92 wrote: »

Pretty good. I like a good music presenter with speed links.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

So there's no point of a presenter on the show

When she does talk she's good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 81,467 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was she staff or contractor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I remember her on TheJournal-coincidentally the only outlet I have seen covering her departure.

Not like them to have an agenda ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

She put up a video on Instagram today and it looks like she had no choice in going and she had an interview already recorded with someone and that's being scrapped. No show this weekend and she was saying that it's the nature of the industry that you don't get a goodbye show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Think that Anton Savage didn't get to do a farewell show and neither did Adrian & Jeremy (according to their tweets). And I think Ray Darcy (who moved on his own Accord to RTE). I think when radio presenters are let go or jump ship, they don't get to do a farewell show. But I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I thought Adrian and Jeremy announced it was their final show on-air? I could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

So did she say why she was sacked? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Lord Nelson

Probably to make room for another non funny comedian or Z list “celeb”?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I often think of the breakfast show with the garrihy lady, lurch and the overly camp irritating guy and think how badly the likes of career djs get treated by rte, take Louise mcsharry who has done the early mornings and late nights and put in the hard work for years only to be looked over for the talentless hacks currently on the breakfast show, likewise gerry ryans daught by virtue of the fact she's daddy's girl got a grand cushy number when surely there were better djs pounding the halls of montrose, they tried to do the same to jenny Green but for a public backlash, Damien farrely and will leahy booted or given a demotion by some simpleton spending too much time on Instagram or twitter to see who the wokest newcomer out there is that can make the whole mess a little more messy, they had a great team with Bernard and Keith and kicked them to touch for the 3 current morons who's biggest surprise every day is believing their luck in landing a job as handy as primetime radio on the national broadcaster.

2fm is a clusterfuck ATM and until they get rid of the like of donnacha who can hardly string a sentence together maybe due to too many punts on the head playing ruggerball or doreen who but for her father being pally with ian dempsey to get her big sister the start years ago would thankfully be working as a beautician or hairdresser in some dive in clondalkin, its a bad system where mediocrity and being in the clique is rewarded over hard work and endurance and its showing in the level of broadcasting that's being produced, its a huge dumbing down of product for the listener and they'll pay for it in the long run .....hopefully, but I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

we dont know the full story. obviously there was a genuine reason for 2fm to part ways with L McS and maybe she wasnt thrown under a bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Tork

From what I can see, a radio presenter's career can end at any time and it's usually somebody else making the decision for them. The Dave Fannings and Larry Gogans of this world are an exception, rather than the norm. I think a presenting gig on a youth pop music station is the most unstable of all because inevitably, management will want to freshen things up and bring in somebody younger. In short, if you're in the DJ business it's advisable to have a Plan B to fall back on.

I saw earlier that Simon Young has just died. He was a 2FM DJ/TV presenter in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, and so was a long time on RTE's books. People of a certain age will remember him well because he was on air a lot in those days and was close enough to being a household name. There is no mention of his passing on RTE's website. Despite what people like to think when they're working in a job, they aren't that important and will be quickly forgotten about once they move on.

Post edited by Tork on

Advertisement