Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress maker, designer?

Options
  • 20-07-2010 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I am in the right forum but here we go, mods move if necessary please.

My 8 yr old will be making her communion next year and I would love to have her dress made. For a long time I thought I would be going for crochet or lace but after doing a lot of communion photography this year I realised I much preferred the cream coloured dresses than the white so I would love to have her dress made from my wedding dress.

So I have a fair idea of what I would like for her, thing is I have 2 daughters and I would love if possible for enough material to be left for the 2nd girl to have a different dress too. The dress was a large merangue dress in the first place, I had the skirt poulled in in such a way that it was folded over at the back to seem like a train had been attached so there is a lot of material int he skirt and I am hoping that will be enough for 2 girls dresses.

I'd love if anyone could recommend a dress designer or even just a dress maker if I was to find some patterns myself, any help appreciated.

Dublin based if possible.

Advertisement