Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corks All New Red FM

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭Worztron

On The Neil Prendeville Show today they called out a new Twitter account. What was it? Something like @neilredfm?

Edit:
    Yep. https://twitter.com/NeilRedFM

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Is it my radio?

Listening to Neil this past week and the ads come on, they break, giving silent air and then continue.

It's only when the ads are on, no breaks during the show. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Red Nissan wrote: »
    Is it my radio?

Listening to Neil this past week and the ads come on, they break, giving silent air and then continue.

It's only when the ads are on, no breaks during the show. Anyone else?

The Opinion line on 96fm is where its at.None of that amateur stuff on The NP show.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

The Opinion line on 96fm is where its at.None of that amateur stuff on The NP show.;)

you sarcasm is noted and witty! :D

Worztron wrote: »
    ...or something like:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/redfm/redrooster

With something else for "redrooster".

If anyone can figure it out, please post a working link. Cheers.

http://www.redfm.ie/podcasts/neil-prendeville-show-podcast/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭Horse84

Red fm news again leading with a prendeville related breaking news story with the whole keith Barry 'scandal'. Who in all honesty gives a flying ****. Just another lame publicity stunt. At the same time the mercy A&E staff are going on strike and that doesn't warrant the top story. Pure bull**** is all it is

Breaking Bad as PR stunt goes viral with twits slapping each other with limp fish.

Cork DJ makes Dublin magician disappear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Neil cleaning house again.

Cork's greatest man after Michael Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

I liked Neill on 96fm, but theres something not right about the show since he moved, I think taking into account his lack of communication skills that PJ is doing a reasonable job, but I think most people accept that he was a shoite choice anyway. however for me, "I have played with the knob" and now hover between Newstalk and Rte 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Jason_

corkonion wrote: »
    I liked Neill on 96fm, but theres something not right about the show since he moved.
    What a load of tosh ! Its the exact same show in every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Why does Neil suck up to the northside listeners.

He says their great people but would he ever move to the northside no he wouldnt.

No one cares about the north/south Cork issue except for Snobby Neil from Douglas.

He uses it to get people to call his show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

mikeym wrote: »

He says their great people but would he ever move to the northside no he wouldnt.

No one cares about the north/south Cork issue except for Snobby Neil from Douglas.

He uses it to get people to call his show.
    Isn't he from/went to school there?

Also I don't think I saw a north/south thing here before this post... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I am liking KC in the morning.

Easy going and light.

A good start to the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

mikeym wrote: »

I think he was born and raised on the Northside.

The podcast has not been updated since May 7th.

http://www.redfm.ie/podcasts/neil-pr...-show-podcast/

:confused:

Update: They're back now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

for anyone listening to Neil the last while, he really is on some campaign against low cost drink. really starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

2smiggy wrote: »
    for anyone listening to Neil the last while, he really is on some campaign against low cost drink. really starting to annoy me.

Yeah drink is too cheap we should be paying rip off prices for drink :rolleyes:

Its a joke Im a responsible drinker and I know my limits.

I pay enough in taxes for everything else.

And before anyone thinks I have tunnel vision I do see a lot of people drinking around the city which I think is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,413 ✭✭✭ofcork

I hear red fm have changed their music policy,playing stuff like erasure,bronski beat david bowie now.

ofcork wrote: »
    I hear red fm have changed their music policy,playing stuff like erasure,bronski beat david bowie now.

I don't hear they have changed their music policy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

The music is actually good now. Much bigger mix - way better selection, massive improvement.

I hear Red on everywhere.

96FM play music and do the local thing well, but their presenters are utter dry balls

Absolutely no banter.

And that stupid 5 voices thing is so utterly impossible, total turn off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ofcork wrote: »

yeah when i heard Bowie after prenders show had ended i was surprised to say the least, he clearly brought his playlist with him to Red! :D

and i find myself tuning out of Red fm less and less.... where as before it was every second song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,365 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Could the new music direction be because KC is on a management role as programe director ? I've listened to red fm very seldom since they changed it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Yea id say its got kc stamped all over it. Im listening all the time now the music is great lots more varity its a bit like today fm now music wise. The whole station is sounding hot. I probably listen 5 hrs a day were as before probably 30 mins catching the odd tune.

Yea id say its got kc stamped all over it. Im listening all the time now the music is great lots more varity its a bit like today fm now music wise. The whole station is sounding hot. I probably listen 5 hrs a day were as before probably 30 mins catching the odd tune.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

RedFM played Michael Jackson (not the new one) and David Bowie today after Prenders' show alright, not that I was complaining but I'd love to know what the BAI would say about that (can't see them doing anything tho)

Bit of imbalance in the playlist cos if you turn it on after 7pm and you'll hear the likes of Sub Focus and Tiesto, quite a change from the daytime playlist.

Think Cork City at least could've done with a proper CHR station, RedFM is more like FM104 and 96 is like Q102/98FM. There's no real proper Top 40 station in Cork ala Spin1038/SW/Beat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Yeah, I've been listening to Neil's podcast and the show is sounding great. But when I heard him play Crowded House and Bruce Springsteen I was pretty surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Cork_chick_94

It hasn't exactly set cork on fire.

I think its sounding great its become my number one station from being bottom. Kc is great on breakfast I was 4fm breakie fan before. Im listening about 4 hours a day. then hook on nt in the evening.

Advertisement