Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP

Options
  • 10-09-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

So,

My wife's birthday is fast approaching and i'm looking to get her a day shopping - yes thats right AND it pains me to think of the damage she will do with a card at her disposal... :)

She mentioned last weekend she would love to have someone with Fashion knowledge choose clothes to fit her figure (i think she's great but she has some mind set that she is fat - she's under 60 kg's rides horses and is fit as, she has had one boy but i think she has regained full fitness - surely the husbands opinion should count here :D) and help her accessorize etc etc.... naturally by this stage i was lost BUT from this conversation i gathered that maybe, just maybe there is some Fashion student or fashion inspired person like GOK ( but tolerable lol) who you can hire for an afternoon and they can help her choose clothes and give their opinions.

I would ask her mum or sister but she is always unhappy a day or 2 later about the clothes she buys with them as she says they just agree with her lol...

Does anyone out there know if these sort of shopping/fashion guru's are available in Dublin????

I look forward to the responses :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I know that Debenhams have a personal shopping service. I am not sure if she would shop in there but I think if you got her a voucher for whatever you are comfortable spending, you can book a personal shopper and a makeover. I would imagine that Dundrum or some other shopping centre may have something similar if you look at their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭smartaform

thanks Lux, i'm just looking through some pages now as well..

It would be good to get someone un-affiliated with any store and just go off what suits her..

The quest will continue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, Dundrum S.C. do a personal shopping service for a fee and Brown Thomas and Arnotts do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Ooh lucky thing! That's a really nice present.

Topshop have a really good style advisor service, private fitting rooms, etc and it's free, ask for Leah Burke. But it's obviously only good if she likes Topshop.

If not I second Arnotts, it's sooo huge there would have to be something she'd like! And not as financially excruciating as BTs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

brown thomas has got a stylest its like 50e for a hour to show ya what u sud wear and what u sudnt and what shades will suit u . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

google it, there are loads of persoal shoppers unaffiliated with shops! brilliant present by the way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

brown thomas has got a stylest its like 50e for a hour to show ya what u sud wear and what u sudnt and what shades will suit u . :)

Text speak is not permitted on boards.ie. Please use your full keyboard. Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive heard great things about the personal shopper in debenhams, but im not sure where it was. theres a woman i know who went to one and apparently she took 1 look at her and told her she was wearing the wrong size bra. she was raving about it anyway, loved it :)

Advertisement