Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facial hair

• 27-09-2006 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so what's the opinion on facial hair then? I just had a shave and left a goatie, dunno if I'll keep it though....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

goatie bleurgh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ok, I'll get rid of it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Good decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

What's wrong with goaties now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

a goatee is only good if you have a 6 inch chin, otherwise it just looks lame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ah, goaties are alright. cultivating yet another one myself at the moment. It suits some not others. Leave it on. see what others think first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No everyone will think your evil!

I go the full beard option, trimmed with fang type beard growth either side of the chin. I want to have a beard like a kung fu master.

I got a bit adventurous during the summer but now that the weathers getting colder it's time to let her grow.

Not many beards around these days I don't think most can get past the itchy period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Yes, there's a sad lack of will in most youngsters today.

Keep your beard. Let it thrive. Love it. And listen not to the naysayers, their ankles are too weak to allow them to have an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got rid of my beard this week... I'm sure it will be back though... I'm just that lazy when it comes to shaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I had a wonderful beard which took me the best part of the summer to grow. It had that strange tint of red even though my hair is brown but most people said it looked great. Had to get rid of it because it was annoying the Girlfriend when kissing her, she did say she liked the look of it but just not the feel of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Goaties look ok on some people, others it just looks like some dirt on their chin or something. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll stick with my short sandpaperish stubble thanks. Which appears about five seconds after I shave. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm the same - it's bloody annoying. And look on the brightside Tar, at least yours ain't ginger!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't tell anybody, but sometimes it does go ginger. I have a facial hair that changes colour. :/
    Sometimes it is black, sometimes it goes gingery and sometimes it starts off black and then goes gingery.
    I'm a daywalker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Glad to see I'm not the only ginger flecked freak. When I pick the stubble out with my fingernails, the hairs always seem to be red for some reason, yet when I look closely in the mirror, the stubble is black or brown. Weird. I must be a closet ginger.

Depending on who you are, goatee's will let you accrue a level of Mephistolian sophistication or else resign you to the level of the common or garden crack-pimp.:)

I get it too, red flecks.... dunno what the story is....

I kep the goatie though. just for a while!

Heh, just noticed your sig, I have said that drinking line a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

thanks for that. surprised at results. hate beards/goatees, like a bit of stubble but thats it :mad:

I had stuble, now have gaotie, looks good, slims the face you know!!

I'll shave it on ssturday morning though.

so busterpuss did you get rid of you "beard" yet... :D

• Advertisement

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :p

lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Busterpuss wrote:
    thanks for that. surprised at results. hate beards/goatees, like a bit of stubble but thats it :mad:

Really? Sure everyone has their likes and dislike but no beard! For me,
    beard/goatee+longish hair(perferably brown)=sexy as hell

a beard just says to me that you should have a pipe and slippers and be like in the 50 - 70 age bracket. goatee i wouldnt be as close minded on but still dont like them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thinking of cultivating massive set of mutton chops....
    i have reasonably substancial 'burns at the moment but i want more....MORE!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

It seems to be 50-50 from both threads...not bad.

I have a small beard. I keep it short and neat with no mustache. I hate mustaches on thier own. They remind me of old daddies smoking a pipe.... If its with a bear and the same length then it can work well but never alone...

Out of all my friends, most say the beard suits me and i really like it. I look alot younger without it and it give my plain face something cultivating at least. If i were specs with it, i look like a really smart coffee house college kid. :D
    Girls seem to hate how they feel though on thier skin. Maybe i could wash it with a shampoo each shower to soften it up.

if ur hot- dont grow one,
    if ur not- then do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Growing a beard meself at the mo, it'll be my first ever so i'm a bit apprehensive. Thing is, it was a bit patchy around the cheeks, so i shaved that part. It's now styled in a kinda Captain Jack Sparrow fashion - is this a mistake? I don't think it looks too bad, although it does make me look like a diabolist somewhat!
    I've been off work for the past couple of weeks but i'm back tomorrow, so should know by then whether it's a good look or not!

Advertisement