Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pub to watch the <any sport> match in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

xp90 wrote: »
    scissors.jpg

What happened to the good old days of free speech?
    Boards.ie is a private website, there is no free speech on here. What the moderators say goes. Thanks to a quirk of Irish law, they can be held liable for what users post so potentially liable posts are usually swiftly modified or deleted.

If you're in doubt about what you can or can't post on a forum, ask a moderator before posting or read the FAQ or charter that's usually available at the top of each forum thread list. Here is the one for the Galway City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Besides each forum charter there is also sitewide policies.

Streaming sites may be copyrighted material and frankly it's easy enough to find them using Google so it's not worth the hassle of having them posted on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

It's Liverpool V Villa tonight and after Setanta went bust, ESPN got the rights to show games, please tell me that I won't be wondering around from pub to pub asking the bemused bar staff if they have ESPN, "no it's not a disease, it's a tv channel".

What pubs in Galway are showing the Liverpool game tonight?

They must have ESPN to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

The bar that used to be called Foxes, next to the bus / train station is a Liverpool bar and so is the bar across from Cuba.

ESPN have about 40 matches this year so I would imagine most pubs in the city will have it otherwise they will be missing out on a lot of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Nathan251 wrote: »
    It's Liverpool V Villa tonight and after Setanta went bust, ESPN got the rights to show games, please tell me that I won't be wondering around from pub to pub asking the bemused bar staff if they have ESPN, "no it's not a disease, it's a tv channel".

What pubs in Galway are showing the Liverpool game tonight?

They must have ESPN to show it.

Just rang my local, Sheridans and they don't have it. Came here to see who would and see my thread I made over a year ago, bumped :D
    Anywhere in town does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Just rang Foxs. They are definitely showing the game tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Nathan251

Kanney wrote: »
    Just rang Foxs. They are definitely showing the game tonight :D

anywhere else confirmed to be showing it???

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anyone know what pubs if any are showing Sunderland-Liverpool game tomorrow?

It's not on any of the major sports channels and probably on a foreign one.

Thanks

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what pubs if any are showing Sunderland-Liverpool game tomorrow?

It's not on any of the major sports channels and probably on a foreign one.

Thanks
    Are there many pubs left that still show those games that aren't on Sky/Setanta?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Fox's? They usually show most Liverpool games and have one of the more exotic satellite rigs.

Robbo wrote: »
    Fox's? They usually show most Liverpool games and have one of the more exotic satellite rigs.
    That was my first thought but one of my mates was in there recently enough looking for the Liverpool v Hull game and he got no joy. Well he did, Liverpool won 6:1 but he didn't get to watch it live :).

So did you find somewhere Rarnes? I watched it on a decent Internet stream but sadly the quality of the stream didn't match the quality of the performance :(.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Would a beach have been a more appropriate place to watch that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

hey Malice. What site did you use to stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WeeDub

I'm heading over to Galway city next Sat. Does anyone know where is the best spot to watch the Ireland game?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

For comfort, good bar service, big screen, loud audio, plenty of space - try Busker Brownes on Cross Street.

For a good football fan atmosphere, go across the street to Dew Drop. Small screen, squished sorroundings, toilets are a 5 minute trek up a stairs ut the craic will be electric.

I will probably end up in both pubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Fagans Sports bar under the merick Hotel at the end of eyre square isn't to bad. Loads of screens, good service and food and craic does be good for the Ireland matches there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Upstairs in Kelly's is good if there is a decent crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Monroes is good and the finest Pizza in the Country :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

KevR wrote: »
    Upstairs in Kelly's is good if there is a decent crowd.

Ya i second this. I was there for the last Italy game.Was great craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Fagans Sports bar under the merick Hotel at the end of eyre square isn't to bad. Loads of screens, good service and food and craic does be good for the Ireland matches there.

I was in there for Liverpool v. Man Utd. a few weeks ago and the service was atrocious, had nowhere near enough staff on. Was in there an hour before kick off as I wanted to get some lunch before the game and it took half an hour to get it ordered. There was a manager working who was particularly rude, treated me with contempt when I tried to order food. I would have left but was starving and everywhere else round town was very busy. I'll go elsewhere for games from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 heinze

Monroes is good and the finest Pizza in the Country :D

i have to say i always found the pizza to be great in monroes but i was there on tuesday night, but the burnt frisbee that was left down to my table , as an excuse of a pizza was a disgrace.
    The waiter even had the cheek to take a few looks to see if we were goin to eat it while he looked out from the pizza shop. I was so mad and in a rush for work , i took a few bites and left, as my girlfriend lifted it up on its side and it remained all together in a big burnt blob!

i hope the standards havent slipped in monroes as i always found it really good.
    And as for the OP , there always a great atmosphere in there for Ireland games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Clinque

Yeah i'd say Kelly's also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Predalien wrote: »
    I was in there for Liverpool v. Man Utd. a few weeks ago and the service was atrocious, had nowhere near enough staff on. Was in there an hour before kick off as I wanted to get some lunch before the game and it took half an hour to get it ordered. There was a manager working who was particularly rude, treated me with contempt when I tried to order food. I would have left but was starving and everywhere else round town was very busy. I'll go elsewhere for games from now on.

I was in there around a week after it opened. Very bad service also. Couldn get the tv on the right channel for match.Pint wasnt the best either.
    Thought it was teething problems. Seems like not much has changed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Truth be told, if you are in early enough into any half decent pub in town to get a good seat, the atmosphere should be good in most of them. Tends to be like that for most important games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 WeeDub

tnks 4 that everyone. all we need now is the result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Where is Kellys? Come on ye boys in green!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭irishultra

come on france

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement