Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Armstrongs

Options
  • 23-03-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

Did anybody see a show on BBC2 last night called The Armstrongs? It's a fly on the wall documentary following some MD of a company and his wife through their daily business dealings, but it is so like the Office that it's unreal. Dunno if the show is actually real or a p1sstake or whether it's just very clever editing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

It's real! We've had that discussion in the office about it. I'm astounded that such imbeciles could exist......

It's car crash tv at it's best.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thank God someone else was thinking the same as me. The Boss is so David Brent its unreal.

I vaguely remember seeing another show last year about the same people (about their Christmas party) and it just made me think that it was a real dead pan comedy series, especially with it being on again next week.

The guy that was appointed the new Sales Manager was another reason for thinking that the show was a wind up. Hard to believe people like that exist!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's absolutely incredible. Were it not for the actual existence of U-Fit, I'd think it was some kind of situationist prank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

just goes to show how close to reality The Office is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Yeah i have seen this............how do ppl like them run a business............
    From what i have seen they don't have a clue

The one i seen was they were giving feedbcak to the sales manager and the boss just started swearing and teling him "its our way or the highway"...........very unprofessional IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

The first time I seen The Armstrongs I thought *Nah this cant be real* but time went on it dawned on me it was.I have only seen a couple of epsiodes and thought it was good.They were always shown late for some reason.

Anyone see the time they took on that new bloke who is a grandmaster Othello player,hehe.He asked for time off work to goto tournaments and he wasnt in job a wet day.

Do they do repeats of this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Watch this again last night. The show is bloody genius, it's so funny. David Brent eat your heart out.

D N A
    SPUNK

Whoah.....arty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

I only saw the first few minutes of the Armstrongs last night but I've seen some of the other episodes in full.

It is a different type of show, sort of the opposite of the Apprentice, showing how a "normal" business (ie: the 3rd largest double-glazers in Coventry!) work internally, although normal is not a word I would use for the Owners. They are living in a parallel universe. Have a glance of their blogs!

They are so idiotic that they dont realise it, and its laughable the antics they get up to. They keep wheeling in help/cheapo consultants, whereas its they that need the help. I think the psychometric evaluations they ran would have told them that.

Even though they are complete wally's, they do deserve at least some praise for putting their lives and business in the open like that. On the other hand, they are just wally's so they cant be embarassed by their ineptitude so they dont deserve any praise at all.

They seem to be a magnet for under-achievers, not surprising. Michael is likely to leave at some point, but an othello-playing whizz who picks up an american wife who looks to be a lot older than him is, lets just say, not your normal average outbound sales-person.

Its a type of show though that I wouldnt watch week-in week-out. Although it would be good to see what happens in the final show.

redspider

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Ah tits I forgot about this lastnight,is there any repeats?

Advertisement