Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Yippee, shipment confirmed. Probably won't have it for the weekend but I'll get over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

maybe saturday, in time for the pub :cool:

daytob wrote: »
    maybe saturday, in time for the pub :cool:

No pub for me, I'm on crutches for the last 3 weeks and next three weeks :(

Perfect for playing with setting up my new phone though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭SteM

BenThere wrote: »
    Yippee, shipment confirmed. Probably won't have it for the weekend but I'll get over that.

I think you will. Looks to me that they update their system to Shipped a day after the phones actually ship. If it gets to PM in Belfast by Friday morning then it'll be in Dublin by Friday evening.

SteM wrote: »
    I think you will. Looks to me that they update their system to Shipped a day after the phones actually ship. If it gets to PM in Belfast by Friday morning then it'll be in Dublin by Friday evening.

Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »

You were Spot on there SteM. My order was changed to "Shipped" at 4am but having just checked the tracking number I see it was signed for in PM Newry at 10:55am. There is no way it shipped to Newry in 7 hours.

Happy days for me though as I should be able to collect it from my local PM tomorrow morning :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You were Spot on there SteM. My order was changed to "Shipped" at 4am but having just checked the tracking number I see it was signed for in PM Newry at 10:55am. There is no way it shipped to Newry in 7 hours.

Happy days for me though as I should be able to collect it from my local PM tomorrow morning :p
    Depending where you are you might even have it tonight.

Prob getting your hopes up though.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

If you are in Dublin I would bet my house you will have it tonight. Your main problem is getting a case for it now. There's a nice guy on adverts doing some at a reasonable price.

cue benthere hitting f5 on the pm website :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone else have the issue with wifi cutting out and disconnecting after a period of time if the OPO is also streaming to a bluetooth music speaker at the same time?

Getting a bit annoying while using google music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Noticed a crack across the screen today. Hoping it is the tempered glass and not the actual screen.

Afraid to take a proper look :(

emo72 wrote: »
    Your main problem is getting a case for it now.
    As our American cousins would say "I'm all set" in regards to a case and I also have a wet application screen protector which I need to read the instructions on carefully. Leaving the phone for 24 hours whilst it drys/bakes on is going to be hard!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Noticed a crack across the screen today. Hoping it is the tempered glass and not the actual screen.

Afraid to take a proper look :(

Yikes! Did you drop it? Let us know which it is, I'm curious now!

cue benthere hitting f5 on the pm website :D

No refresh needed, my OPO was processed in Newry 25 minutes ago and here's the proof:-

vopcug.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

No refresh needed, my OPO was processed in Newry 25 minutes ago and here's the proof:-

vopcug.jpg
    Did you order on Friday? Parcel Motel also have mine today, can't wait to get it :D. Another interesting point is Royal Mail indicated the origin of the parcel was Belfast, do One Plus have a distribution warehouse there?

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Did you order on Friday?
    Yes
    Another interesting point is Royal Mail indicated the origin of the parcel was Belfast, do One Plus have a distribution warehouse there?

I doubt it. I think the receipt states that the parcel was delivered from their Belfast depot. All that means AFAIK is that it went OPO -> local Royal Mail Depot wherever the OPO operation in the UK is -> Royal mail ship to their regional depot in Belfast -> who deliver directly to PM. Belfast is simply listed because that is the depot which dispatched the parcel to PM.

emo72 wrote: »
    If you are in Dublin I would bet my house you will have it tonight

You're spot on. Just got a PM notification its sitting waiting for me about 2km away. Pity I drank a bottle of wine with my Missus earlier or I'd be straight in the car to pick it up.

Ah well, at least I'll have sweet dreams.

One sleep to go, one sleep go........

You're spot on. Just got a PM notification its sitting waiting for me about 2km away. Pity I drank a bottle of wine with my Missus earlier or I'd be straight in the car to pick it up.

Ah well, at least I'll have sweet dreams.

One sleep to go, one sleep go........

give us your pm pin number, i will pick it up for you, drop down to your house and we can have craic with our phones. it will be legendary.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

What am I doing wrong here?

eoinf wrote: »

is there a flag at the bottom? change from us to uk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,554 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

you are in the US store,see the way it is giving you a US charger and dealing in dollars.Change it to the UK store.US flag bottom right of screen click to change to UK.

did you sort it? i missed that too. yabba saved me:)

it was claimed anyways so i think he did manage to purchase it. sorry was out cold from dealing with a toddler :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

it was claimed anyways so i think he did manage to purchase it. sorry was out cold from dealing with a toddler :(

Got sorted thanks for all the help. Hopefully it'll arrive before I'm away.

Will be back to post the invites once they come through.

How long before they come through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Got sorted thanks for all the help. Hopefully it'll arrive before I'm away.

Will be back to post the invites once they come through.

How long before they come through?

I've my phone since the end of July and still no shareable invites..

So I just opened my OPO box and I have the first of many questions:-

The notice at the bottom of the screen cover which the phone has on arrival says "This card holds informaiton about your device, please keep this with you along with the warranty card."

Does that mean I have to keep the screen cover after I peel it off? also, the statement refers to a warranty card but there wasn't a warranty card in the box. I have removed everything from the box and all that was in it was the phone, a USB cable and a tool for opening the sim tray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Did you order on Friday? Parcel Motel also have mine today, can't wait to get it :D. Another interesting point is Royal Mail indicated the origin of the parcel was Belfast, do One Plus have a distribution warehouse there?

Nick

Mines a day behind these two orders despite being ordered the same day,
    anyway its landed in parcel motel so maybe I might get it tonight and if not tomorrow.

The waiting is killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Any covers to be got in Dublin would love a metal one like the M8 has?

Hootanany wrote: »
    Any covers to be got in Dublin would love a metal one like the M8 has?

I got a metal one from china to try it out. hate it, going back to my rubber bumper case. its made by luphie and it only arrived today, checked it on my phone and I dont like it. im in ashbourne though. send me a pm if you want. im sure a few people here can vouch for me ;)

img_20140912_1359084ik9h.jpg
    img_20140912_140016gpkfl.jpg
    img_20140912_140025dakkq.jpg

Apologies for the state of the pictures, fk all sleep last night :(

• Advertisement

Thanks but the M8 one is perforated

This is now available and looks pretty good - http://oneplus.net/oneplus-one-clear-case

Out of stock went with Amazon in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Damn this is one fine looking phone, why didn't i got android ages ago! coming from an iphone 4 this thing is way ahead on tech!
    In 2 minds to root it or now, basicly only want it for no ads etc.. what do people recommend ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

yabadabado wrote: »

Yeah I got this one in blue from them, it's really nice I think and didn't take long considering it came from China, think it actually came registered too. I like it cause you don't have to open it to take calls:
    http://www.oppomart.com/accessories/new-style-chyi-smart-phone-case-for-oneplus-one.html

However I also really like the rubber bumper case that our daytob sent me, so I'm kinda swapping around at the moment. I honestly think the bumper case would give it more protection in the event of a fall.

Also using the Orzly glass screen protector and it's great, not a single tiny bubble or mark of any kind, you wouldn't even know it's there. I don't know how in the name of God I did it but there isn't a spec of dust trapped underneath and it's on perfectly straight. I was a bit stressed doing it cause these thing don't normally go right for me!

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    Damn this is one fine looking phone, why didn't i got android ages ago! coming from an iphone 4 this thing is way ahead on tech!
    In 2 minds to root it or now, basicly only want it for no ads etc.. what do people recommend ?

Welcome to up-to-date open source technology! Don't be afraid to root it or like many people coming from iPhones, don't be afraid to sideload non playstore apps. Rooting will give you access to more than just blocking ads, most importantly when you've set your phone up exactly the way you want it, you can back everything up including the user data/settings for every app. There's other cool things you can do like lower the DPI with 'texdroider_dpi' to fit more on your screen etc.

Blade wrote: »
    Welcome to up-to-date open source technology! Don't be afraid to root it or like many people coming from iPhones, don't be afraid to sideload non playstore apps. Rooting will give you access to more than just blocking ads, most importantly when you've set your phone up exactly the way you want it, you can back everything up including the user data/settings for every app. There's other cool things you can do like lower the DPI with 'texdroider_dpi' to fit more on your screen etc.
    If you did nothing else after rooting it than those 2 it's still well worth it.

Can you not get them without rooting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i always root when i get the phone because you've to reset the phone if you want to root in the future. i think.

just got OPO there last week, very nice. slightly prefer it to my nexus 5 as the wifi and phone reception is better. apart from that, it's pretty much the same.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Can you not get them without rooting?

If you mean the three features I mentioned, ad blocking, user data backup and DPI settings then no, you need root access for those.

• Advertisement

i jailbroke the iphone no problem but rooting seems a little complicated, any easy to follow guides people used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

can't get much more detailed than this for the OPO

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

ya, strange that jailbreaking is way more complicated to code but the actual process iv ery easy. just great work the jailbreak teams.

Is all that necessary on the latest update or something? I did it on 25R and I'm sure it was a hell of a lot simpler than that. Here's a link to the way I did it, but can't confirm if the process is still the same for the latest update, I'm sure someone else can let us know. I didn't even bother with the backup part:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91819741&postcount=6

can't get much more detailed than this for the OPO

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

ya, strange that jailbreaking is way more complicated to code but the actual process iv ery easy. just great work the jailbreak teams.

Was easy but had to install SuperSU through google play for some reason, cheers, all done with rooted phone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭horse7

where is the best place to buy the 64gb one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Lads, has anyone seen anywhere selling the 16gb white OPO back housing? Wouldn't mind getting it so I can swap it out with my sandstone black housing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent fast charger for these? My 700mA Samsung seems to take 4+ hours to charge my battery up and the less said about the official kludge the better.

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent fast charger for these? My 700mA Samsung seems to take 4+ hours to charge my battery up and the less said about the official kludge the better.
    I'm using an old HTC one and have a cheap one from Amazon and both fully charge around the 2 hour mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Hmm was looking at this cable and trying to find a USB plug which would be able to take advantage of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Simi

I bought one of these after a few people recommending it. It charges almost as quickly as the supplier charger and works great with tablets etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement