Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

listermint wrote: »
    There is no way in he'll you can compare your new opo to a 2012 nexus 7.thats an utterly ridiculous comparison utterly. I've a moto g in my hand that is better than it. Thats just being silly.

There is a whole thread of questions and issues dedicated to the opo. For me I've no interest in going into an ecosystem where the support relies heavily on rooting and mods. Nice looking device alright it id prefer the safety of stock android that's preference don't take offence. The spec on the nexus 6 beats the opo. So you can't really compare the two price wise. One is made by a brand new start up Asian manufacturer looking to grab market share. The other by an established American manufacturer who have no will to disrupt their pricing model but on the other side this device doesn't pull back in spec so the price in the real world matches the spec. Tbf

Fair enough you like the Nexus but I have the opo and have had zero issues. You don't need to root it or mod it either. You can keep it basically stock android if you like. I suggest playing around with a opo before judging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

There is no way in he'll you can compare your new opo to a 2012 nexus 7.thats an utterly ridiculous comparison utterly. I've a moto g in my hand that is better than it. Thats just being silly.

There is a whole thread of questions and issues dedicated to the opo. For me I've no interest in going into an ecosystem where the support relies heavily on rooting and mods. Nice looking device alright it id prefer the safety of stock android that's preference don't take offence. The spec on the nexus 6 beats the opo. So you can't really compare the two price wise. One is made by a brand new start up Asian manufacturer looking to grab market share. The other by an established American manufacturer who have no will to disrupt their pricing model but on the other side this device doesn't pull back in spec so the price in the real world matches the spec. Tbf

Tbf you are wrong about everything, support doesn't rely only on rooting, having the rooting option is a plus as it opens a whole lot of options and opportunities to tweak and change the phone to suit your needs.

I hope that the stock will be safe and bug free but we can't know until the phone and the software are tested so far now there is a big question mark there but knowing google I can only imagine that it's going to be smooth.

All manufacturers started somewhere and all of them started by selling their devices with a low price, there is no exception unless you bring to the market a unique product. Guess where the Nexus 6 is made???? Asia just around the corner from where the opo is made and guess where all the components and chips are made??? all in the same place for all brands, on top of that opo are designing and manufacturing the device themselves meanwhile google have to rely on other companies to build their phones :D.

Specs yes the N6 is way better than any other android I just hope it won't bend on the pocket ****just kidding hein*** but pricewise even with all the specs it remains expensive, very expensive for a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Knew the opo fans would be out. Lads I don't want one and I don't know where the comparisons are coming from. They arent the same spec that much is clear. And they arent direct competition. Stop trying to shill the opo on a nexus thread it's tiresome. If I wanted one id be in the opo thread of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

nobody told you to go and grab a one+ neither, making fair comparisons is all what we did just to correct the information that you wrote.
    Enjoy your N6 ;).

alwald wrote: »
    nobody told you to go and grab a one+ neither, making fair comparisons is all what we did just to correct the information that you wrote.
    Enjoy your N6 ;).

There was no fair comparisons out of any of you three. The first lad compared his opo to a 2012 nexus 7 which was plainly ridiculous. Then after that was a barrage of opinion about battery and pricing and all sorts of nonsense. If you going to come on claiming fair comparisons you dont come on telling other posters they are taking out of their ass. You demonstrate comparisons such as OS. support. Ram . battery size. memory. camera. style. fit. feel. components. pricing.

And yes there is still a thread full of issues with the opo I have no strong feeling on the device positive or negative. I just know it's not for me. That's all.

Talking out of my ass..... Ye lads get a grip it's a phone and stop drying to dress yourself up like a voice of reason. You have been emotional and unreasoned

• Advertisement

Knew the opo fans would be out. Lads I don't want one and I don't know where the comparisons are coming from. They arent the same spec that much is clear. And they arent direct competition. Stop trying to shill the opo on a nexus thread it's tiresome. If I wanted one id be in the opo thread of issues.

I simply responded to the post where you were completely wrong about the opo. How can you say they aren't direct competition exactly? How many posters have already said the n6 is too expensive, I'm getting an opo. That's the definition of direct competition.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I simply responded to the post where you were completely wrong about the opo. How can you say they aren't direct competition exactly? How many posters have already said the n6 is too expensive, I'm getting an opo. That's the definition of direct competition.

What you are getting doesn't matter an ounce. The direct competition for the nexus is quite clearly iPhone 6 plus. Samsung note 4

Use some Logic.

And you said you have the opo then said you're getting it...... Make you're mind up.

What you are getting doesn't matter an ounce. The direct competition for the nexus is quite clearly iPhone 6 plus. Samsung note 4

Use some Logic.

What you are getting I'm afraid is exactly what competition is. Logic indeed.

And you said you have the opo then said you're getting it...... Make you're mind up.

I think you need to read the posts a little slower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭emo72

sold nexus 5, bought opo, was going to buy nexus 6. was really worried when the 6 was announced i would have to buy it. google priced me out of it. hey at least us tight wads have the choice to buy the opo. imagine if it didnt exist we would be sitting here stuck with our 4s and 5s. its all good man

• Advertisement

Ush1 wrote: »
    I think you need to read the posts a little slower.

I think you need to count the number have said they are getting the opo instead direct competition it does not make.

Anyway as it said stop derailing stuff. If you wish to make comparisons to support the line that you lads started then make them legitimately with actual facts.

I didn't start the comparisons you did.

I said I don't want one. Im fully versed on both devices and have money to spend.

Again if you want to make comparison do so without you're fluff.

I think you need to count the number have said they are getting the opo instead direct competition it does not make.

Anyway as it said stop derailing stuff. If you wish to make comparisons to support the line that you lads started then make them legitimately with actual facts.

I didn't start the comparisons you did.

I said I don't want one. Im fully versed on both devices and have money to spend.

Again if you want to make comparison do so without you're fluff.

I'm still not sure what you mean by not being direct competition and counting people saying that? Regardless if you acknowledge it or not many previous nexus users were assuming this phone would come in at a much lower price, and because of that are going straight for a opo.

Which lads are talking about? I responded to your post talking about opo being reliant on rooting and being very buggy. I have the phone and neither is true. I'm guessing you've never used one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There was no fair comparisons out of any of you three. The first lad compared his opo to a 2012 nexus 7 which was plainly ridiculous. Then after that was a barrage of opinion about battery and pricing and all sorts of nonsense. If you going to come on claiming fair comparisons you dont come on telling other posters they are taking out of their ass. You demonstrate comparisons such as OS. support. Ram . battery size. memory. camera. style. fit. feel. components. pricing.

And yes there is still a thread full of issues with the opo I have no strong feeling on the device positive or negative. I just know it's not for me. That's all.

Talking out of my ass..... Ye lads get a grip it's a phone and stop drying to dress yourself up like a voice of reason. You have been emotional and unreasoned
    Ah shut up twisting my words I wasnt comparing 2 different versions of Android or comparing a 2012 device to a 2014 one I only mentioned my Nexus because I was talking about the stock Android experience because people like you said Cyanogenmod was a buggy mess when its actually as close to stock as you can get just with more customization and better battery.

Everything you said in your post was complete horsesh1t thats why "the OPO fans are out". Have a look at all the people begging for OPO invites here, on Reddit, Facebook, the OPO forums etc since the Nexus spec was released if you dont think discussing alternative devices to this is relevant, you couldnt give the invites away last week.

Feel free to post any specific problems from this thread full of issues you're always mentioning aswell by the way...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Can we all please stop with all the arguing?

This is turning into an Apple type thread and as we all know, we're better than that.

#teamandroid

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Kobe

Is Ireland included in the first 26 countries on sale?

Thargor wrote: »
    Ah shut up twisting my words I wasnt comparing 2 different versions of Android or comparing a 2012 device to a 2014 one I only mentioned my Nexus because I was talking about the stock Android experience because people like you said Cyanogenmod was a buggy mess when its actually as close to stock as you can get just with more customization and better battery.

Everything you said in your post was complete horsesh1t thats why "the OPO fans are out". Have a look at all the people begging for OPO invites here, on Reddit, Facebook, the OPO forums etc since the Nexus spec was released if you dont think discussing alternative devices to this is relevant, you couldnt give the invites away last week.

Feel free to post any specific problems from this thread full of issues you're always mentioning aswell by the way...

I've said my piece you've shown the colours.

Back to the nexus thread, presale today in the states no sign on Irish play store

Nothing on the Irish site yet... Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

I've made my mind up. Selling my iPhone and getting a Nexus 6 in white. :)

Hopefully will be able to preorder it next week...

Looking forward to seeing how this develops:
    With the Lollipop announcement came a surprise new product: Nexus Player. This means Android TV is integrated into Lollipop and provides a way to get games, videos, photos, TV shows etc. onto your big screen. Quite a few big names have signed up to Android TV, including Sony, Philips and Sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Just thinking everything I get with the oneplus vs the nexus 6. Yep the nexus kills it on hardware... But does it really?
    Battery is almost the same, it has same RAM, same storage. Ok the CPU/GPU is better but by how much? 20% id say. Amoled screen is welcome too. All those extras for almost twice the price? Hmmm.
    But what do I have with the oneplus? Better security? Yep, With private guard enabled for tweaking app permission (Google will never give users) also the audio amp that let's you push your music volume beyond silly limits set in place all without cracking open the software gates...

N6 is a wonderful device and looks fab but for that amount of money? No thanks.

Will buy the tablet and TV box however.

I've said my piece you've shown the colours.
    Yeah you said their were thread loads of issues with cyanogenmod and the OPO and when 4 people pointed out you were full of it and you were asked for any examples you said "you've said your piece", excellent analysis there :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Yeah you said their were thread loads of issues with cyanogenmod and the OPO and when 4 people pointed out you were full of it and you were asked for any examples you said "you've said your piece", excellent analysis there :rolleyes:

Tbf there own forums are full of complaints, multiple tech websites ect, why should anyone waste time proving a well accepted fact about OPO and Cyonogen.

The notion on boards that the OPO and Moto G are the be all and of mobile gets very old. The OPO is not the benchmark for Android and is the type of device that gives the platform a bad name.

Like the thousands upon thousands of issue threads open across XDA, Droidforums, Google Groups etc for Nexus issues? Many thousands of times the amount of problems on the OPO forums? Thats for people who dont know how to use Android or solve problems themselves.

I know you think this is people shilling for the OPO (for whatever reason?) but when people insist on coming out with statements like the OPO "is the type of device that gives the platform a bad name" when they've never seen or used one you should expect people to question iton a technology forum, you'll get the same in Motors if you do it with a brand of car or in Gaming, Cycling etc.

beno619 wrote: »
    Tbf there own forums are full of complaints, multiple tech websites ect, why should anyone waste time proving a well accepted fact about OPO and Cyonogen.

The notion on boards that the OPO and Moto G are the be all and of mobile gets very old. The OPO is not the benchmark for Android and is the type of device that gives the platform a bad name.

What he said, You may have one. But i have done enough research on it to know its not for me. I have money for a new device. OPO will not be it. No interest in Cyanogenmod and no interest in brand new company. Perhaps 3rd generation one i will consider. But not the first. They have no history of manufacture. So as i said its not for me.

Like the thousands upon thousands of issue threads open across XDA, Droidforums, Google Groups etc for Nexus issues? Many thousands of times the amount of problems on the OPO forums? Thats for people who dont know how to use Android or solve problems themselves.

I know you think this is people shilling for the OPO (for whatever reason?) but when people insist on coming out with statements like the OPO "is the type of device that gives the platform a bad name" when they've never seen or used one you should expect people to question iton a technology forum, you'll get the same in Motors if you do it with a brand of car or in Gaming, Cycling etc.

Who said this ??

And yes you are still shilling (this is the Nexus 6 thread afterall) start a comparison thread if you are so displeased .

Who said this ??
    The poster directly above you?

Nobody is shilling, the noticeable uptick in interest in the OPO since the Nexus 6's crazy pricing was announced was predicted and came to pass, that is of interest to people who follow Android devices on a technology forum. If you and others had any examples to back up your statements about these non existent bugs and hardware issues there wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. It seems to be everyone who owns the device reporting zero issues and people like you who've never seen or used one reporting problems, as I said, this will always lead to debate on Motors, Gaming etc etc.

The poster directly above you?

Nobody is shilling, the noticeable uptick in interest in the OPO since the Nexus 6's crazy pricing was announced was predicted and came to pass, that is of interest to people who follow Android devices on a technology forum. If you and others had any examples to back up your statements about these non existent bugs and hardware issues there wouldn't have been an issue in the first place. It seems to be everyone who owns the device reporting zero issues and people like you who've never seen or used one reporting problems, as I said, this will always lead to debate on Motors, Gaming etc etc.

You already been told about the slue of bug that have been picked up on it. As stated twice look up the oneplusone website forums. I am not doing your research for you.
    As i already stated I did not make the comparision YOU DID, if you want to open a debate on it then bloody well do it with proper specs. But you havent all you have done is use expletives about other posters, shout them down about accusations of your fab device and give your general opinion about how your device is so much better and you love it.

I dont want the OPO, I wont be researching the FACTS for you they are out there for you to find as you know well. And if you do want to open some real debate on comparisons will you offer up some actual specs and facts like i said for the third time.

( i gather none of this will sink in and you will come back with some spurious opinion)

You already been told about the slue of bug that have been picked up on it. As stated twice look up the oneplusone website forums. I am not doing your research for you.
    As i already stated I did not make the comparision YOU DID, if you want to open a debate on it then bloody well do it with proper specs. But you havent all you have done is use expletives about other posters, shout them down about accusations of your fab device and give your general opinion about how your device is so much better and you love it.

I dont want the OPO, I wont be researching the FACTS for you they are out there for you to find as you know well. And if you do want to open some real debate on comparisons will you offer up some actual specs and facts like i said for the third time.

( i gather none of this will sink in and you will come back with some spurious opinion)
    No Im perfectly aware there are several support forums for the OnePlus, would you like me to link to the (thousands upon thousands more) nexus forums where from a quick glance some people cant get online, cant get the device to turn on, cant get bluetooth to work etc etc? Every device has issues. I'm just curious about these deal breaking bugs that "is the type of device that gives the Android platform a bad name" or in your case "the ecosystem relies heavily on rooting and mods".

If you're going to openly lie about non-existent problems with a device you've never seen or used you should expect to be asked about them, instead of backing up your claims you chose to get pissy about it calling people who disagree shills or fanboys. As Ive said multiple times, head on over to Motors and try the same lies with a brand of car of your choice and you'll get the same results, I dont know why this isnt sinking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Any chance you guys can take this to another thread. This looks like any given Apple vs Android or Xbox One vs PS4.

At the end of the day, you're arguing about one version of Android against another version of Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

What an embarrassing few pages, Lister, Beno, you're having a mare, let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Mods???

Better get on to OPO support, non descript bugs in my ecosystem....

Please someone delete all my posts, on this i got dragged into idiot land. I asked to take it to another thread but he kept coming.

sorry to anyone who wanted to discuss the Nexus 6. As i did. I wasnt comparing anything . I dont even want the other device. Just asked him to stop
    shilling it thats all. I gave him my reasons for not wanting it but he kept coming. shilling and more shilling.

Delete my comments cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Please someone delete all my posts, on this i got dragged into idiot land. I asked to take it to another thread but he kept coming.

sorry to anyone who wanted to discuss the Nexus 6. As i did.

I accept your apology,now don't do it again.

sorry to anyone who wanted to discuss the Nexus 6. As i did. I wasnt comparing anything . I dont even want the other device. Just asked him to stop
    shilling it thats all. I gave him my reasons for not wanting it but he kept coming. shilling and more shilling.

Delete my comments cheers.
    Calling people shills and going back over your posts to edit them into something even more insulting than what you originally posted would be what Id consider an example of someone dragging things into "idiot land". Do you even understand what a shill is?

Anybody used one of these Turbo Chargers yet ? I believe they were out earlier in the year with Moto X.

Do they work as described ? Also if one was bought in the US would it work in ireland or is it limited by voltage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

I asked Meteor today about any plans of them stocking the Nexus 6 (I know its a bit early), but no plans yet to get it. I thought since they had the Nexus 5, that they may have it.
    I think though that I would be happy enough to pay for this off a plan & get it from Google. My Nexus 4 battery is just woeful & I never go anywhere without my external battery pack that I can connect in my bag when I run out of juice very quickly.

robo wrote: »
    I asked Meteor today about any plans of them stocking the Nexus 6 (I know its a bit early), but no plans yet to get it. I thought since they had the Nexus 5, that they may have it.
    I think though that I would be happy enough to pay for this off a plan & get it from Google. My Nexus 4 battery is just woeful & I never go anywhere without my external battery pack that I can connect in my bag when I run out of juice very quickly.

Checked already, They seemingly will not be available on Networks in ireland Exclusive to Google Play and some networks in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Kobe wrote: »
    Is Ireland included in the first 26 countries on sale?

Good question. Unless someone has heard otherwise Google havent even revealed the list of countries it is initially going on sale. All there is is a vague mention of 28 countries in this blog post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Will anyone of the Irish mobile phone operators be providing the Nexus 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Read back a few posts. There has been no announcement yet.

• Advertisement

I have been informed that this is currently a no for the foreseeable. no current networks plan to have it so looks like US or UK. Or the unknown Irish Googl Play Store.

Still nothing yet, hoping for it to be put up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

nexus 9 just went up on play store......come on 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pre orders for nexus 6 don't start till 29th.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Pre orders for nexus 6 don't start till 29th.

And for €649 I don't think many people will be ordering!

So disappointed with Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Erica Griffin's review of the Moto X went up on YouTube in the past few days - very detailed 37 mind long! The specs are obviously pretty different to the N6 but it might give some idea of what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Did anyone see this recent article about the N6's price point? Some very interesting and valid points raised, in particular "...Google has pulled out of the race before things got ugly".

http://www.geek.com/android/google-pricing-the-nexus-6-at-650-makes-sense-1606902/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

And for €649 I don't think many people will be ordering!.

Where did you see this price?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

boc121 wrote: »
    Where did you see this price?
    Cheers

That is the price in dollars, it was confirmed on Motorola's official blog but some retail chain in Germany leaked the euro prices and they were €569 for 32gb and €649 for 64gb. The prices of the Nexus 9 were correct in the leak so hopefully the entry level Nexus 6 will be €569

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

digitaldr wrote: »
    Obviously the specs are different but how close will the N6 be to the Moto X. Incidentally Erica Griffin's review of the Moto X went up on YouTube in the past few days - very detailed 37 mind long!

I love her review as they give you everything related to the phone beyond how they feel in the hand and the pissing contest that is the spec list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement