Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fianna Fail free Zone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Unfortunately I expect Dick Roche to take a seat in my constituency :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

human 19 wrote: »

So is your constituency looking likely to be a Fianna Fail Free Zone?

Yep,

Don' think we'll have one in Dub souh central

Didnt think FF would get a seat in Mayo but according to the tallies it looks like 4 for FG which will make history and the final seat going to Dara Calleary of FF

They reckon Dara and his running mate Lise chambers will have a quota between them

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Voltwad wrote: »
    Unfortunately I expect Dick Roche to take a seat in my constituency

It could be worse - you could live in Limerick and be watching WOD getting through.

Anyhow, my own (Kildare N.) looks likely to have no FF members being elected - woohoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/elections/latest-news/ff-will-have-tds-in-all-constituencies-martin-2554032.html

According to the indo :“Micheal Martin is still insisting that there will be no "Fianna Fail-free constituencies" after the general election.”

Yep! Roscommon/South Leitrim here! :D

No Fianna Fáil free zone Mícheal? Except for nearly the entirety of Dublin city(and Roscommon/South Leitrim too obviously!)...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Looks like Dublin Central will be FF free:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Voltwad wrote: »
    Unfortunately I expect Dick Roche to take a seat in my constituency :(

Losing a lot of support as the opening of boxes moves North.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

kbannon wrote: »
    It could be worse - you could live in Limerick and be watching WOD getting through.

Anyhow, my own (Kildare N.) looks likely to have no FF members being elected - woohoo

Nah, not that bad, the insane collapse in WOD's personal vote should put him in his box for a long time. He's gone from huge popularity to just having a normal sized core vote. That's going to sting.

Realistically you can't expect a guy who used to capture 50% of the first preferences to be elected out this time around.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nesf wrote: »
    Realistically you can't expect a guy who used to capture 50% of the first preferences to be elected out this time around.
    I know but I can't help wishful thinking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Butterbumps

Dublin south is looking like 1xInd, 1xLab, 3xFG apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Looking like the whole of Dublin may be FF-free.... maybe thats slightly wishful thinking but it may end up being only two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Looking like the whole of Dublin may be FF-free.... maybe thats slightly wishful thinking but it may end up being only two.
    That would require Nulty to get a seat in DW. Lets hope :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I've high hopes for a FF-free zone here in Sligo.

As the tallies stand, Fine Gael and Sinn Féin are looking likely to take the first two seats. FF are still in with a shout for the last seat, but it's a three-way between them, FG, and Labour.

With any luck Sligo might not only be a FF-free zone, it might even have a left minority!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Longford/westmeath
    Mary O Rourke's vote has halved in her loacal area, Athlone
    Peter Kelly only slightly ahead of Mae Sexton in 2nd place, with Hogan of SF only 1500 votes behind.

Kelly may be in for a shout for 4th seat depending on transfers from FF eliminations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Wicklow is going to be Fianna Fail free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭davetherave

As KBannon said above, Brady and Fitzpatrick are most likely looking at being banished from Kildare North.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Dun Laoighaire, a FF stronghold with Mary Hannifin and Barry Andrews, looks ropey for FF:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/indepth/election2011/liveblog/180b74ed24

BL is also in trouble.

It is not entirely off the cards that all of Dublin will be a FF free zone, although I expect them to keep 2-3 seats.

Looks like, barring a major shock, Brian Lenihan is in. He is 4th, 3000 ahead of 5th placed candidate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

kbannon wrote: »

Don't remind me......I'm perversely hoping that somewhere else might put one in so that my city doesn't get an even worse reputation!

Then again, if O'Dea was there alone he'd probably trip up some more and we could finally get rid of him next time around!

• Advertisement

Mary O Rourke came in 10th in a 4 seater in Longford/Westmeath. She will be eliminated early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Before celebrating this, can we highlight the so-called "independent FF"? Not the real ones those who left on real principle and voted against them, but the ones who "made it look like they left".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

Unfortunately Carlow/Kilkenny will return one FF.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Before celebrating this, can we highlight the so-called "independent FF"? Not the real ones those who left on real principle and voted against them, but the ones who "made it look like they left".

Here you go:
    Longford/Westmeath ; Kevin boxer Moran finished 9th in a 4-seater. May well be the next one eliminated after O Rourke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/elections/latest-news/ff-will-have-tds-in-all-constituencies-martin-2554032.html

According to the indo :“Micheal Martin is still insisting that there will be no "Fianna Fail-free constituencies" after the general election.”

Is the whole of Dublin still looking like it will be FF free then Martin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dublin South-West is looking delightfully FF-free this time out :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Looks like, barring a major shock, Brian Lenihan is in. He is 4th, 3000 ahead of 5th placed candidate

Currently, he has 7,050, with Pat Nulty and Kieran Dennison with 3450/3440 respectively. There will be 100 transfers from Joe Higgins and 2759 from the eliminated SF candidate. These will mostly go to Pat Nulty. Dennison will then be eliminated and it really then depends on whether people will transfer from FG to Labour rather than from FG to FF.

Although traditionally FG will transfer to FF, given the element of protest vote, it really will come down to the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Dublin North Central will most definitely be FF free.

Most certainly:
    Richard Bruton (FG) has the first seat.
    Aodhán Ó Riordáin (Lab) will take the second.
    Third seat will be contested between Finian McGrath (Ind) & Naoise Ó Muirí (FG)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Dublin South-West is looking delightfully FF-free this time out :)

Hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Meath East tallies show no FF getting in. Meath West is almost the same. Thats no FF TDs in Meath where there was 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Dublin Mid-West will be an FF free zone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Mary O Rourke came in 10th in a 4 seater in Longford/Westmeath. She will be eliminated early

Word is that Troy will be getting a lot of O' Rourke's transfers, so it's not quite certain that Longford-Westmeath will be FF free, but it is likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Dublin North West is a FF free zone. Likely to be a FG free zone too.
    I don't know which I'm happier about tbh but it does call for a double smiley :):)

Advertisement